1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP Cable questions

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by adam1302, Apr 16, 2007.

1. adam1302

adam1302 Member

2. steimy

steimy Active member

3. adam1302

adam1302 Member

I got this from tEChniiQue guide.

Xbox Network Connection using Router

This is another common network configuration.
    Step #1: Plug your network cable(RJ-45 cable) that comes from your modem into the WAN port of your router.
    Step #2: Take an RJ-45 cable and run it from one of the ports of the router, directly to the Network Interface Card (NIC) installed in your computer.
    Step #3: Take another RJ-45 cable and run it from a different port of your router directly to your xbox.

**NOTE** In steps #2 and #3, you should not use a port that is directly beside the "uplink" port on your router, if your uplink port is being used to connect to another routing device.** If your router has a built in firewall, you will need to forward ports 8602 both incoming and outgoing to the internal ip address of your pc. Consult your device manaul for port forwarding.

That's it! Your Xbox is now on the same network as your PC

It doesnt say that i would need a crossover cable.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

RJ45 is an ethernet cable, they come as either a strait cable or a crossover cable. That is what an RJ45 cable is.

it doesn't matter to me what you buy, it's your money.
    If you have a router already plugged into the PC and working then all you need is to put a crossover cable between the Xbox and one of the open ports on the router, then set up the network on your Xbox dashboard.
    there are 100 different FTP guides out there and all of them are slightly different.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

adam1302,

Forum rules ask that you use a descriptive thread title. I changed this one for you to show what we mean ;)