1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftp crossover cable problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by brandonks, Mar 27, 2007.

1. brandonks

brandonks Member

hi guys, I have a hardmodded xbox with xecuter 3, and I am trying to mod my halo2 maps. So i try to transfer my maps on flash fxp using a router. But for some reason, during the transfer, the maps just stop transfering all of a sudden. I have come to a conclusion that this is due to the internet connection. I am now trying to connect to flash fxp with a crossover cable. Only problem is, I cant get connected. I followed basically all the guides on www.teammodders.com. But still... no luck. The guides tell me to configure the ip addresses on both my computer and xbox a certain. I do exactly that. They tell me to reboot my xbox and that it would be a good idea to reboot my comp too. I reboot both. The guide states that once i get back to the dashboard i used to configure the ip address on my xbox, on the bottom left corner, it should show the ip address i put in earlier before the reboot. All it shows is "no links!". I know my firewall is disabled because i have none. So what could be the problem?!?!?!?

2. DareDev

DareDev Guest

You said you were using a crossover cable to connect to your xbox through a router, crossover is a direct connect cable, try using ethernet cables instead, or just dont use the router and connect directly using the crossover cable and flash fxp.

3. brandonks

brandonks Member

I did?!?!?! woops. I meant Im using the crossover cable to connect my xbox to my comp. My bad.