1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP how do i..

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by pierogi, Oct 29, 2004.

1. pierogi

pierogi Member

ok, i realized that my cable modem was connected by usb, not by the ethernet cable..ya so i take the cable and put it into my xbox the two lights go on, sold online green, and recieve blinky orangey light. do i need the xbox live setup thing to FTP? i try to connect to my xbox using xbox saves manager it has an IP address i'm not sure where it got it from password:xbox user:xbox. what do i need to do to FTP

2. arunie

arunie Member

Dude, I don't know if you use cable modem or not...but I how I did it was use a router. If you don't have a router, you can use a cross over cable from the PC to Xbox. Cross over cables are not the same as RJ-45s exactly. Anyways, use FLASHFXP program (it's free to use as a trial) and set up a site. I use Evo X dashboard to connect and see what the IP is for the Xbox. Use FlashFXP to make Xbox site, using the Xbox IP given when you look at the network in EvoX...making sure that the password and user is XBOX (that's default, so if you changed it, then use whatever you used).

3. pierogi

pierogi Member

how would i make a site using flashFXP? i have the full version.

4. joejoe10

joejoe10 Member

i have connected the xbox to the pc. downloaded flash fxp connected to the xbox. but the list from the xbox files do not show up? how come? have i done something wrong? help!!!?

5. arunie

arunie Member

I don't know which version you have, but I have v3.0 of FLASHFXP. On the top left, under sites, go to site manager (or just press F4). Under that, enter the appropriate info. In order to connect, you have to be in the operating system of the mod. (I don't know about other OS, but I have EvoX) It should connect then.

6. pierogi

pierogi Member

hmm, is it possible to FTP without anything modded, no new dash, no mod chip just a straight connection to my modem? oh and what is the config is it just the password and IP?