1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP problem stuck in F drive XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by neo102, Nov 15, 2008.

1. neo102

neo102 Guest

Before you say have you read the tutorials carefully or have you heard of google? Trust me I have tried.

Okay, I can connect to my Xbox through a router setup and transfer files. but I am stuck in F drive.when i try to go up a folder it says access denied.I am using flash FXP heres the log

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.8i 15 Sep 2008
    [R] Connecting to 192.168.1.99 -> IP=192.168.1.99 PORT=21
    [R] Connected to 192.168.1.99
    [R] 220-Welcome to XBOX FileZilla (XBMC)
    [R] 220-version: XBMC:FileZilla version 1.5.6, (based on FileZilla Server 0.8.8)
    [R] 220 http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbfilezilla
    [R] USER xbox
    [R] 331 Password required for xbox
    [R] PASS (hidden)
    [R] 230 Logged on
    [R] SYST
    [R] 215 UNIX emulated by FileZilla
    [R] FEAT
    [R] 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.
    [R] REST 100
    [R] 350 Rest supported. Restarting at 100
    [R] REST 0
    [R] 350 Rest supported. Restarting at 0
    [R] PWD
    [R] 257 "/F" is current directory.
    [R] TYPE A
    [R] 200 Type set to A
    [R] Listening on PORT: 2048, Waiting for connection.
    [R] PORT 192,168,1,101,8,0
    [R] 200 Port command successful
    [R] LIST
    [R] 150 Opening data channel for directory list.
    [R] 226- Free space: [C:\ 145.52 MB] [E:\ 1.44 GB] [F:\ 111.69 GB]
    [R] 226 Transfer OK
    [R] List Complete: 514 bytes in 1.43 second (0.4 KB/s)
    [R] CDUP
    [R] 550 CDUP failed. "/": Permission denied.

the last two lines are me trying to go up a folder

My router set up is this -
    D-link router with only 1 ethernet port, connected to Linksys wireless router with 4 ethernet ports. Pc to port 1 on linksys and xbox to port 2 on linksys.

So to sum it up.
    1. I can connect to my xbox thruogh FXP but I start in F drive and cant change drive partition because when i do it says access denied>

2. Iv tried cross over cable way it didn't work it said no route to host.

3. iv also tried the windows explorer way same thing happens as flash FXP(connects but cant get out of F drive

Could it be the fact tht the xbox was pre owned and has a master lock password.

any help would be appreciated hu ever fixes it is a god damned legend. ive search for age on google (2 days and counting) but no luck.

cheers.
    Ben

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
  2. varnull

varnull Guest

permissions.. flashfxp has a load of advanced options per connection.. things like move or delete files and transfer modes.

not sure.. I don't use that poor ftp app. You might not be actually logging in with proper full access. It's possible that F: is set different permissions to the other drives.. that's a sign of some strange malware that was kicking about some time ago that renamed drives and changed permissions.

First thing I would do is try changing the ftp application.. try a different one and log in manually instead of using a wizard.. making sure you have full root access.. then look at the owner/group information for F: and see why they are different (probably) "user/user" not as they should be "xbox/xbox"

3. neo102

neo102 Guest

well i tryed logging in by other means but same thing happens.
    I wanted to get a emulator working surreal64 and was told it needed to go in E drive. so yeah....
    Update: i got sick of it all and stuck surrea64 under F:/xbox games and it now seems to be in working order. but it doesnt show up under emulators it shows up under xbox games only.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
  4. varnull

varnull Guest

That's because you put it under F:\games.. instead of F:\emulators

check the paths in your evox.ini file for things like emulators and games and applications :)

The files will open via ftp in notepad.. don't use wordpad because it will mess them up

5. neo102

neo102 Guest

I dont have a F:/emulators and i cant find evox.ini

Like i said im limited to the f drive only. is there anyway i can fix this. its really bugging me. I cant get Apps to work coz they need to be in E: drive or something. and im am stuck in F: please help.

Like in tutorials it shows all these drives E,F,X, etc

and i cannot get out of F i mean i cant do anything-sigh-

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2008
  6. neo102

neo102 Guest

sorry for slow replys im going to aus so maybe wont be on for a week

7. al1en2

al1en2 Member

i have the same problem i am only able to view f partition

8. neo102

neo102 Guest

OMG have u found a solution yet please dude im stuck for ideas ive googled for days on end. I dont know aye its like F:/ is set as parent directory or sumin i just cant get out of f drive which sux coz all my saves and stuff are on E

9. neo102

neo102 Guest

UPDATE:\

its not a password problem i found out the password for master lock and it changed nothing. ive coneccted to my xbox throught windows explorer "ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.1.99 which is my xbox and still stuck in F drive. im about to try cross over way as soon as i find my cross over cable. tho i dont think it will do much. another thought is it could be my dash XBMC i think thts what it is. but i can upgrade to a new dash coz i am stuck in my F drive

10. neo102

neo102 Guest

Further Update: I have semi fixed the problem it was definatly the dash i was using. Im posting it in case anyone else gets the same problem.

All i did was download a later build of XBMC. use google search for "T3ch XBMC"(im not sure if im alloud to post links so im just being safer than sorry) and just ftp the whole xbmc folder to your games folder then run it on your xbox up comes the new dash ftp to that instead. I now have access to all the partitions. only problem i face now is replacing the new dash completely with the old. as to the fact that i cant seem to find my old xbmc anywhere most i can find is parts here and there but no xbe file =/ which is needed.