1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by DPeeps, Aug 4, 2006.

1. DPeeps

DPeeps Guest

I recently softmodded my xbox to see how I like it before I mod my own xbox with a chip, and I have no problem connecting to the xbox, but i have a game on my computer Battlefied 2 that I'm wanting to just FTP to it, how do i do that? Also, I want to put Dvd2xbox on my xbox but i can't find the apps folder on there at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm using the Evox dashboard for softmodding by the way. And i'm not sure if this post is in the right spot or not.

2. DPeeps

DPeeps Guest

Sorry, I changed my dashboard back to UnleashX it has the option to copy games to the harddrive already on it, But I still need help about getting the game on there, The game is in a bunch of .rar files, and they all have the same .iso, how do i put it on the xbox, and if its easier for people to help, i'm willing to change back to Evo, but i will then need to know how to get dvd2xbox on there.

3. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Active member

4. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Active member

5. DPeeps

DPeeps Guest

I already have an FTP client, I'm using FlashFXP and I've been told to put the dvd2xbox in the apps folder, but There is no apps folder on there for me to put it in.

6. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Active member

create it

7. DPeeps

DPeeps Guest

i tried creating the apps folder, it didn't incorporate itself with the apps folder

8. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Active member

u softmodded right

9. DPeeps

DPeeps Guest

Mistyped that, I tried creating the apps folder, and whenever i go to the APPLICATIONS folder on the main menu on the xbox it doesn't link with the folder. And the game that i have on my computer, my brother put it on here, is an .iso, how would i go about getting it to run on the xbox, in that tutorial it talks about .xbe files and whatnot

10. DPeeps

DPeeps Guest

Yes my xbox is softmodded

11. Venom5880

Venom5880 Regular member

Download AID 3.0, burn it to a disc and have it install everything for you. Alternatively, you can just use your FTP client to create the apps folder on the E partition. It'll end up being e:/apps/dvd2xbox or something similar by the time you're done.

To get Battlefield 2 on your Xbox hard drive, extract the split rar archive using WinRAR. If you want to use an FTP client to do it, use Quix to extract the xiso into a folder, and then transfer that folder to e:/games on your Xbox.

Or, just have Quix connect to your Xbox and transfer it to the e:/games folder. If you use the Avalaunch dashboard, you can use the boost mode in Quix for faster transfer rates. Keep in mind that Avalaunch can just be launched as an application and doesn't need to be your default dash.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2006
  12. DPeeps

DPeeps Guest

Where can i download Quix at? is it on xbins?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2006
  13. DPeeps

DPeeps Guest

I made an E:/Apps, and but dvd2xbox in it, rebooted, but if i go to Applications on the xbox in the main menu, dvd2xbox doesn't show up, have i done something wrong?

14. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Active member

15. DPeeps

DPeeps Guest

Apparently i have the source for dvd2xbox, and i'm having a hard time finding the download, does anyone have a link for it?

16. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Active member

17. DPeeps

DPeeps Guest

The Good news is i got battlefield 2 to load and play, however i still can't get Dvd2xbox to load up in the Applications menu, any ideas?

18. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Active member

do u remember how u got battlefield if so u may have to restart the whole thing nd try it again very time consuming

19. DPeeps

DPeeps Guest

What do you mean by "do you remember how you got battlefield"?

20. BlkMagic1

BlkMagic1 Active member

did u put battlefield 2 on it