1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP problems. Please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Stuman, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Stuman

Stuman Member

Hi guys,

I am having some problems transferring data from one xbox to another. I've tried using avalaunch, using the auto set up feature, but that isn't working. The settings are as follows:

Network : Enabled
    DHCP : Disabled
    Static IP : 192.168.0.3
    Gateway : 192.168.1.1
    Subnet : 255.255.255.0
    DNS1 : 0.0.0.0
    DNS2 : 0.0.0.0
    Proxy : Disabled
    Proxy IP : 10.0.0.1
    Proxy Port : 8080
    SNTP : Disabled
    SNTP IP : 10.0.0.1
    SNTP Port : 123

I'm trying to transfer between 2 v1.4's and a v1.6. Nothing is happening. (Obviously the IP's are different on each xbox as they are changed using the auto set up, this is just the config. as I have tried everything I can think of and have resorted to flash FXP)

Any Ideas what I can do to get this to work?

As mentioned I have moved to try FlashFXP to transfer the files to my PC, from one of the v1.4's, then to the v1.6. The transfer to the PC works flawlessly but the transfer to the v1.6 (settings above), is really quite poor.

For example, it'll maybe transfer for around 3-4 minutes then stop completely and fail to transfer a file. As an example, several Halo 2 maps have failed to transfer. Now I know the files aint corrupt as they transferred to the other v1.4 I have at the moment.

Any Ideas? Machine specs are as follows.

V1.4 (1) (Works fine File source):
    Alladin Advance Live
    Custom X2 4981 Bios
    200 GB Maxtor
    Slayers 2.6 install

V1.4 (2) (Fresh instal today, clean HD)
    Aladdin Advance Live
    EvoxM8+ Bios
    160GB Maxtor
    Slayers 2.6

V1.6 (Again fresh install, yesterday, really need this one fixed)
    Aladdin Advance XT
    EvoxM8+ Bios
    200GB Maxtor
    Slayers 2.6

Looking at this now, is it possibly the Bios???
    I am under the impression this is the only bios that'll work for the 1.6.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm fed up scratching my head.

Cheers

2. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

mine did that a few times but i just aborted the upload/download and retried and it always worked fine the second or third time. does it do this every time? i have xbox v 1.0, xecuter 2.0 w/evox m8 bios, maxtor 120g, and i use flashfxp.

3. Stuman

Stuman Member

Yeah, pretty much every time. I've successfully transferred Alien versus Predator but as thats only about 0.5 gig it didn't relly have time to fail.

Tried using xboxFTP from evox. Again it works for around 5 seconds then just fails.

I'm needing to transfer around 130-160 GB in a few days so I've not had the time to try a few times so I've borrowed a mates "clean" xbox just now, but I'm still gonna have to get it all onto mine.

At the moment it appears my only option is to transfer to my pc, make an iso, burn to dvd-rw, then dvd2xbox it. That will take FOREVER to do the Gigage I need, (especially as I only have a free 16gig on my PC)