1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP Programs keep failing me

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by haduke, May 21, 2007.

1. haduke

haduke Guest

Does anyone have any idea why FlashFXP and CoreFTP Lite would just suddenly stop working for me? I can get my connection set up, but when I try to transfer files, they don't transfer. Also, I can not delete anything off of my Xbox through the FTP Program. I have to do it with XBMC on the Xbox. I have uninstalled and reinstalled like crazy on BOTH of those FTP Programs, and the problem still exsists. Any ideas anyone?

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I had that problem but didnt really bother tyring a work around. Instead of using a FTP program i use internet explorer to access the box because its less complicated. FTP programs are great if you want to connect to xbins but cant access the box in real time. Haven't answered your question but theres other option.

Go to "My Network Places" then click "Add a network place"
    Follow the screen prompts. then click the FTP folder. Under "Internet or network address" type in you xbox ftp:(ftp://xbox:xbox@(your address).

A shortcut will be created with the ip and password already automated. Then all you have to do instead of typing in the ip and password every single time, just open "My Network Places" and click on the shortcut you've just created.

Under the xbox network settings it should read your Lan at 100Mbps Full Duplex if it says half or anything else, you should adjust your PC Lan settings under the Device Manager tab. If you dont adjust the settings, you will always have a limited or slow connection.

3. haduke

haduke Guest

Whenever I try to use Internet Explorer, I can't transfer anything. I tried your idea with My Network Places and it seems to be working pretty well. I appreciate your quick response and your help. Thanks man. If I encounter anymore problems with it, I'll let you know.

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Glad to help.

Last edited: May 21, 2007