1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftp setup HELP ME PLEASE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by backyboy, Apr 30, 2004.

1. backyboy

backyboy Member

Hi

I have just had my x box chipped and a 120G HD installed. It has come back with all the emulators, DVD region free etc etc. However I would like to link it up with my pc. I have a ethernet lead and have downloaded flashFXP but have no idea what to do next. Please help. I have also checked out sea monkeys guide page but I need the step before. I.e the actual linking of the pc to the xbox

Cheers

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

3. j_ejheden

j_ejheden Member

I think that Total Commander (for PC) is the best way to link your PC to your XBOX...
    All you have to do is to go to the settings screen in the XBOX and change or memorize the IP adress and also saying "yes" to use static IP and maybe changeing the submetmask to the same as your PC (usually 255.255.255.0) you should also see that the XBOX username and password are both "xbox"...
    after restarting your XBOX start total commander on your PC and hit Ctrl-N this will bring up a small window where you now should enter the XBOX IP... but before hitting enter uncheck the box saying somthing about "anomomous connection"...
    if everything is done correctly two small widow wll be displayed after eachother... enter "xbox" in both windows... you should now have all the partitions of your XBOX HDD on your left or right. if not... you can try the following prosedures:
    1.) change the gatway to the same in the xbox aswell as in the computer.
    2.) check that you are using a proper network cable.

Now all you have to do is to drag-and-drop the files from your PC to the right folder in the XBOX...

(Total Commander is a highly advanced software in the hands of someone who can use it properly... I highly recomend this program for more than just connecting to your xbox... but also as for speeding around in your computers HDD since this is really fast and easy to use.)