1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ftp Troubles

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shabbadoo, Oct 29, 2007.

1. shabbadoo

shabbadoo Member

hey there, all of a sudden im having really irritating problems with ftping to my xbox.

to start off it worked fine i even transferred a file as big as 2.5gb
    without any trouble whatsoever. i used the windows explorer method e.g where u type "ftp://xbox:xbox@MyXboxIpHere/", I have my xbox's ip set to dhcp, ftp'ing on, everything was as it was sposed to be. disconnected the xbox took it up to my room, and once id finished with the games id put on it, i thought id go back downstairs and ftp some new files to it. so i plug it all in as usual, im connecting my xbox via cat5 to a router that plugs into a router btw.

but anyway using the same method as before, it has trouble transferring anything over 20mb i suppose, and keeps coming up with this error message :

An error occured copying a file to the ftp server. Make sure you have permission to put files on the server

Details:
    200 type set to IMAGE
    425 cant open data connection to 0.0.0.0:0

any help on this would be greatly appreciated thanx

2. steimy

steimy Active member

rather then using the method you are using, have you tried using an actual FTP program like FlashFXP or WS_FTP Pro?

3. shabbadoo

shabbadoo Member

hey thanx for the input, same thing happens with flash fxp, using my usual method im gettin better results now, jus get the odd error message, i just reboot my xbox n it works fine most of the time

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Sounds more like a bad dash...

Are you using Evox or something like that?

5. shabbadoo

shabbadoo Member

yes i am using evox, is that bad for ftping?

6. shabbadoo

shabbadoo Member

uninstalled Evox and installed unleash x, no improvement there and i didnt like the unleash interface so i reverted back to evox

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Have you always got a solid LED on the NIC?

8. steimy

steimy Active member

have you tried going into the network settings on the Xbox and setting up a static connection. It may not help in this case but is is much more stable as far as the connection for FTP'ing and online gaming. You can leave the PC as DHCP. Of course you will have to get all the network settings off of the PC first by:
    Start->Run->type "CMD" no quotes
    in command prompt type "ipconfig/all" again no quotes and all the info you need will be there.