1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTP XBOX to PC assistance needed (Solved)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by MadHattrr, Feb 1, 2010.

1. MadHattrr

MadHattrr Member

Hello, Sorry for the new thread but I am newbie user and it would not let me reply to a post over 60 days old that had explained this. The topic ID is 202846 and its easy ftp to pc tutorial. I am having problems FTPing my PC to XBOX. I bought a Crossover cable and I am connecting it to my PC just like I would directly connect my cable modem to my PC for internet use. I am using Avalaunch I am unsure if you need a specific revision number for this but I am sure I can get this if you need it.

Ok so I went into my Start and Run typed CMD and typed Ipconfig it gave me my
    Ip address which lets just say its 25.237.34.15
    My Subnet mask is 255.255.248.0
    My Default Gateway is 25.237.32.1

Ok so now I go into my xbox and go to my network setting and make the Static Ip 25.237.34.16 or 17 he said change it a little
    My subnet is the same and my deafult is the same. Ok.

So now I go back to my computer go to internet properties change my TCP/IP settings to the one on my Xbox blah blah. Ok now I load up Flash FXP go to the Sites Tab and Site Manager Xbox blah blah then my IP is the same as my Xbox right? User name is xbox, and pass is xbox and I click apply and connect and it does not connect. Is there something I missed in the Tutorial? I am pretty sure I read it right and followed all steps like it said but I cant get connected. The cable I bought is new it is a Cat5e Crossover cable. 350MHZ UTP Patch Cord 24AWG. Please help.

2. MadHattrr

MadHattrr Member

Please delete I figured it out I changed my last two numbers to .20 instead of .17