1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FujiFilm dvd+r made in Taiwan

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by camaro24, Jan 26, 2007.

1. camaro24

camaro24 Member

Ijust picked up some fuji dvd+r's that where made in taiwan.I got then for $28 for 50 and get another 50 pack for free...so i got them pretty cheap. I was just wondering if these will be anygood for putting movies on or will i get alot of coasters? I haven't opened these yet so if they aint anygood i can take them back. What do you guys think? Thanks for the help in advance.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

They may be okay - Fuji uses different manufacturers. The ones made in Japan are usually made by Taiyo Yuden - the best - but hard to find anymore.

May just be best to use a program like Nero, Decrypter, ImgBurn to id these and see who made them.
    You can post back the manufacturer.

Make sure your drives firmware is up to date too.

3. camaro24

camaro24 Member

The id on these when run through decryptor is Ritek-F16-01. So does that mean these are good media or not so good? Sorry for being such a newbie.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

well...... here is a media guide (some members say that this guide is out of date ... just use it as an indicator of what's out there and know that it's the most comprehensive list out there ... until someone comes out with a better guide then I'll keep using this one):
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

notice your disks are second class...... which a lot of members here swear by.....so it's up to your drive whether it likes the disks or not. I strictly use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim! the best media out there. and my drives love them.

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Ritek F16?

You should be ok. I picked up a similar Fuji +16x buy 1 25 pk and get 1 free and they turned out as Prodisc R05-001 and got some very bad nero scans-scoring in the mid 70's. These were also made in taiwan.

28 cents each is a little steep. When verbatim goes on sale,it's around that same price range,maybe even down to 25 cents each at Office Max,Office Depot,and Best Buy.

I've used Office Depot's +16x Ritek-P16 and they were pretty decent.These run as low as 20 cents each when they have their buy 1,get 2 free sales of their house brand media.

6. camaro24

camaro24 Member

Well i went ahead and burned a movie backup on one of the fuji's and it turned out good..played all the way through no skips or anything. I burned it on 4x just to be sure though. I checked the id again and it does say Ritek F16 but i cant find any info on Ritek F16's. Thanx for all the help guys.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member