1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujifilm

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by wassilj, Mar 26, 2002.

1. wassilj

wassilj Member

Just wanted to confirm the TY discs used by Fuji and older Sonys are probably the best I've used for a number of reasons (these have the foggy center ring):

1. The protective coating is very scratch-resistant (even Verbatum + can't compare)
    2. Only 2 bad TY discs in over 500 discs burned so far
    3. My Sony CRX700E is VERY touchy at 8X -- wont burn much of anything that's cheap.

Unfortunately, the Supremas by Sony made by Sony Corp. aren't as good as the Taiyo Yuden disks they used to use. As far as I'm concerned, the cyanine TY disks are the best around is mass quantity right now (Fuji).

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Could you post the ATIP, please? Fuji also has disc made by others that T.Y., for example Ritek.

2/500 is not so impressive actually. On few brands I've been waiting for the 1st bad media coaster for years..

3. wassilj

wassilj Member

I should have mentioned I use cheaper media for data and have NEVER had failures for this purpose -- even with cheap Memorex and Imation; but I use Fuji and older Sonys exclusively for audio. I think 2/500 is exceptional, considering I have dozens and dozens of Memorex, Imation, TDK, and Maxells that have a difficult time in all types of CD players. TY disks (Cyanine, LT green) play in anything and are more scratch resistant than even the best Verbatums. By the way, Riteks have a clear inner ring.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2002