1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fujitsu Seimens Esprimo Mobile V5515

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by GerryD, Jan 12, 2008.

1. GerryD

GerryD Member

Hi all does anybody know how to switch on the in built Network Adapter on this Notebook I bought as a XMas pressie for my other half as when I try to set up a home network Windows states it's not active and has to be turned with a switch on the side, back or front of the Notebook which it does not have I've only made minor attempts to set up so maybe I'm missing something and someone out there could give me a quick fix but any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thanks

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Does it show up in Device Manager? If so, does it have an exclamation mark by it?

You may have to install the drivers for it, and/or enable it in the BIOS.

3. GerryD

GerryD Member

Yes it shows up in Device Manager No it does'nt have an exclamation mark.

Ihave install the driver and install the updated driver and it is enabled on the BIOS.

No joy.

4. GerryD

GerryD Member

Sorry folks but I have to be a bit abrupt but everywhere I looked for help keeps coming back with you have to turn on the Wireless with the on/off switch on the front or side of the Notebook but where the @@@@ is this on/off switch I can't find one there is a possible combination of key presses but for the life of me I ain't got a clue. Is there anybody out there can help.

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

If the owner's manual doesn't help, then you have a problem. Have you been to the manufacturer's website? Contact them. They should be able to help you.

6. GerryD

GerryD Member

.Been there done that same response but they dont tell you key combo to switch on the the Adapter and their only other means of contact is cost-a-fortune Tel help lines if there is anyone out there can help dont be bashful I dont bite.

7. jimcoe

jimcoe Member

Hi I'm a newbie "oldie"
    Have a Fujitsu V5515 and saw your problem whilst googling for another i Linux. The function key and F1 works for me in both Windows and Linux - Can't connect in linux though/ Perhaps it would work for you, although mine is a UK Spec.

8. GerryD

GerryD Member

Hi there jimcoe will give it a try sometime and let you know if it helps thx but if not its back to the drawing board again,

9. kelcos

kelcos Member

Jimco stumbled upon your suggestion when searching for solution to similar problem as Gerry D s i have a 5535 uk spec but key combination done the trick, many thanks.

10. goofyman

goofyman Member

My son have a 5535 but tried the key combination, after realized that I could not find any switch anywhere :) but but but, can't get it working. So now I wonna know which keys are you using....Please solve this for me....

Thanks

11. jimcoe

jimcoe Member

goofyman- as I said in my original post the Fn key (at bottom left) followed by the F1 key will switch on the wireless card on my Fujitsu V5515 (UK spec). the same keys will switch it off.When its on an indicator light shows at the front of the laptop.
    But, since I bought my laptop many other versions have been offered for sale- mine has an Intel dualcore CPU, and 120GB Hard drive. Others like the Fujitsu V5535 have Celeron CPU's and 80GB Hard drive,and there are various other models with different specifications.kelcos said that the Fn/F1 keypress worked on his V5535.
    So I am sorry that the picture is confusing, although I would think that the motherboard is the same for either model and the wireles card also, but they may be different for USA models.