1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

full disk copy using dvd decrypter & dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by demonil, Mar 29, 2005.

1. demonil

demonil Guest

i just learned how to use dvd decrypter and dvd shrinks to make a copy of the dvd atleast just the most important part of the dvd the movie now im wanting to try my hand at making a complete copy of the dvd including the special features is there a way to do that using dvd decrypter and dvd shrinks if so can someone please walk me through it and to bbmayo bud thanks again for the help before could use u again if u wouldnt mind

2. sadsac

sadsac Guest

If you look at his website, he has guides for doing just that.

If you're not concerned with compression, just use DVD shrink in "full disk" mode.

3. demonil

demonil Guest

the one guide he sent me to shows only how to get the movie lol been following that alot lately just to double check and make sure im doing it right got to say im getting better at it now thanks to him showing me how to set everything up can u point me in the right direction to his other guides that show how to make a complete copy of the dvd and i thought dvd decryter had to be used to get rid of the copy protection lmao

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Do just that.

DVD Shrink can handle encryptions if the DVD came out last year or earlier. Resident Evil: Apocalypse was the first movie to give DVD Shrink problems. If you experience problems, use DVD Decrypter before Shrink. That should work, as long as it's the latest version.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  5. demonil

demonil Guest

k ill try it and let u know how it all went thanks

6. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Maybe I should have elaborated a bit.

When you open your disk (or file folder if you've used dvd decrypter), dvd shrink loads ALL parts of the movie. It's up to you which parts you want to compress more or make still images out of. Still images take up a lot less space, so if there's a special feature that you don't want (for instance a preview of another movie), you'll want to make that a still image to save disk space. By doing so, your main movie quality will increase because of less compression. The guide you used probably told you to "re author" a disk. Click the "full disk" tab on dvd shrink and you'll see all the parts of the movie. Select each one individually and you can preview them in the lower left part of the program window to see what they are.

Then, you can choose to compress them or make stills out of them. Shoot for least compression on the main movie.

Once you get more accustomed to this stuff, you can use VOB blanker to blank out parts of the movie to save even more space. If you're interested in splitting a movie to 2 disks in order to have no compression, I came up with a method using shrink and VOB blanker. BBMayo wrote a really nice guide for doing this on his website. Check it out. Hiw site's linked on his signature on his posts.

I'm only quoting free programs on here because that's what you seem to be using right now.

7. demonil

demonil Guest

well i have nero and dvd x copy express but cant get the damn things to burn copy protected dvds and then my dumb ass payed for dvd idle pro and even though it helped dvd x copy express copy the movie it was only able to play on my computer and not on any of the dvd players we have here in the house and if u count the ps2 as one then u can say there r four in here and it wouldnt play on any of them never could make since why it would only work on the computer though unless i didnt have something set right on dvd idle pro someone on here told me about it and so i got it now im stuck with it lmao and to tell u the truth im not sure how to do it this way using shrinks dont want to go through 12 blanks then finaly get it right lmao

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

wow dude use a period every once in a while lol. I would suggest sticking with DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter since they're free and you'll most likely be very happy with them once you get some practice in and learn em good. Sorry to burst your bubble on your purchased software, but I learned the same way.

9. demonil

demonil Guest

well thanks and yes im really happy with dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. never thought some of ur best programs would be the ones u dont pay for lol. sorry about the no periods thing got use to talking in chat and no one there using one either . guess i need to relearn my typing skills. with the movies im working on right now having the special features not a big deal. just wouldnt mind figuring it out some time so when i make copies of kids movies ill have the games and suck for the kids . thanks to bbmayo i got perfect copies of finding neverland and fat albert. then again its just the movie without all the extras.they play great and im happy to have them added to my dvd family lmao.

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

If you want better quality, when you hit the Backup! button in Shrink and that window pops up asking what you want to do with the image file, click the quality settings tab and check the box that says Better error compensation or something to that effect. I use Sharp as the quality setting, although many say they use smooth. I must warn you though, it does take longer to encode the movie when you do this.

11. demonil

demonil Guest

bbmayo got me to get use to messing with those settings. just one thing that takes a bit longer is when u have dvd decrypter verify the disk. that seems to take forever lmao. but i like doing it so i know that the movie took lmao. i think ill still wind up buying the same number as movies i usually do even though now i can easily burn me a copy

12. demonil

demonil Guest

Rotary thanks for the guide bud. ill make sure to follow it and if i have questions about it ill let ya know .

13. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I've had movies burn that verified as bad, but when you watch them they turn out OK.

14. demonil

demonil Guest

thats weird oh while im at asking dumb questions how do u find out what kinds of dvds ur dvd player is compatible with or more like formats . i email tec support at dvd idle pro about how to use or even setup their program and they keep telling me to check what my dvds specs r. here is what they said to me in email they sent to me as their reply t.

Please check if the disc format (DVD-R/RW or DVD+R/RW) can be support
    by your DVD player.

Also, please check if your DVD player and TV can or not support the
    format of playback (PAL, NTSC or SECAM). We don't touch the conversion
    between them.

15. squizzle

squizzle Active member

there are websites that give you compatibility charts. google it.

As far as the bad verify, it could've been 1 bit that was off, which you most likely wouldn't notice depending on where it is in the disc.

16. demonil

demonil Guest

right now ive been using some cheap dvd +r not sure what brand they r. if i use dvd decrypter and dvd shrinks to make the movie i have no problem getting any of them to play. but yet if i try and use dvd idle pro and then run dvd x copy express to burn the movie.then i get a copy that is only good for the computer and nothing else.i emailed them to see if there was a setting or something that might be off and thats the reply i got back from them . guess they dont like to help u out when u need some . but now im stuck with a 50.00 program that either dont work or i just dont know how to use right. oh and another perfect movie done with dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. damn im starting to love these two programs lol

17. demonil

demonil Guest

hey rotary man i like the guides you have on ur guide sites thanks for having the links at the bottom man its going to make it easier to be able to do the whole dvd and not just the movie . if for some reaso i run into trouble even after following the guide ill let you know what kind of problems i ran into thanks u all for ur help and happy burning

18. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

19. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  20. demonil

demonil Guest

rotary can see everything just looking at it lastnight seemed to have just about confused me then i noticed u had a few links for the guides so i clicked on one and it was much easier to understand since it walked u through the whole process thank u for all ur help rotary . still find it hard to believe that all i needed to make copies of dvds were two free programs and here i payed for a few programs and the free ones do everything that i couldnt get the payed ones to do.