1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

full disk copy using dvd decrypter & dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by demonil, Mar 29, 2005.

1. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If only you'd have asked before paying for un-needed apps [d'oh] lol :)

2. demonil

demonil Guest

herbsman i wished i would have lol but i didnt even know about this site till after i bought a few of them. failing at making a copy of a dvd is what got me to do a search on somewhere that would help me master the art of dvd burning lmao.

3. demonil

demonil Guest

i do have one question though . one of the movies i made a copy of seemed to be alittle dark .is there a setting on dvd shrink or dvd decrypter i need to check that will fit it.

4. demonil

demonil Guest

to everyone that helped me figure out how to burn the whole dvd thank you all . tried everything u all said and it worked great. i got two down 6 more to go lol.

5. demonil

demonil Guest

i know im driving everyone nuts but i need some help bad. im tring to make a copy of nightmare on elm street 5 dream child and i just ran into an error. i/o error device [1:1:0] samsung dvd sd - 612 st05(f) (ata)
    scsi status:0x02
    interpretation:check condition
    cdb a4 00 00 10 7f 6f 00 00 0c c4 00
    interpretation report key - title key (3)
    sence area 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 24 00 00 00 00 00
    interpretation invalid feild in cdb what does it mean and can i get around it and still have a good copy. please rply quickly. im still in the middle of this and tring to figure out whats up thanks

6. herbsman

dirty or scratched disc it normally means...

7. demonil

demonil Guest

thanks herbsman was about to think it was either a problem with my dvd player or the copy protection was to great

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

I/O Errors are NOT bugs!!!! (well, not 99.99999% of the time anyway)

An I/O Error is the way of displaying a problem your drive had with the disc or your system config (mainly a disc problem though).

Unrecovered read errors, Seek errors, Servo errors, Focusing errors, L-EC Errors, ECC errors, CIRC Unrecovered errors etc. are all your drives way of saying "I don't like this disc".

Clean the disc, update your drives firmware (http://www.rpc1.org), try it in another drive, get another copy.

END OF STORY!

Note: If you're burning a disc in ISO Write mode and get an error, it's pointless trying another disc from the same pack / spindle. You need to find some different discs, with a different dye type and try those instead.

edited by herbsman: Paul do NOT link to other forums please - we only spoke about this yesterday !!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  9. demonil

demonil Guest

new problem im tring to use dvd decrypter to make a copy of catch me if you can just the movie and on the veru last file dvd decrypter seems to be stuck at 45% of the way through an had done 58 retries can anyone tell me whats up could use some help.

10. herbsman

Sounds like it's having a nightmare just reading it [it's more than likely the original disc , probably slightly scratched]