1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Guide to Gamecube Backup/Booting

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Icemonkey, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Lamorak

Lamorak Member

Someone from forever ago was asking for Help with Naruto... you need to run it with ACL1.4 it does not work with the MGS loader... and i suggest turning off the music... other than that ive tested nearly every setting and it seems to work fine.

2. parabolee

parabolee Member

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have read this full post but have had no luck.

I am using a crossover cable with hub and Windows XP.

Whenever I use the ISO Tool I get the "NETUDOPEN" message and it freezes there. When I use DOGTOOL I just get the GC trying to connect to server. When I use Pheonix I get a frozen lobby screen. I have installed all the recommended files in the peonix FAQ but same problems. I have tried a regular RJ45 cable,. no different. I even tried to connect directly to my pC without the HUB but that was useless. I also set the LAN to 10/Half duplex.

I have been unable to try running an ISO yet as I have non to try, so I really want to get one of the ISO ripping tools to work.

can anyone suggest something I havn't tried that worked for them??

Thanks.

3. getter

getter Member

hi guys, i'm new, i tried the new dol with debugger and is ok, i see in the hub that the cub go to 100mbits, but after i loaded the debugger i cant load anything, and after u reload pso the bba go to 10mbit again

4. Lamorak

Lamorak Member

This is to the question Parabolee had...

You shouldnt need to use a hub if you're using a crossover cable because a crossover cable is used for exactly that. Not needing a hub. For your other problem, you may need to set the ip on your computer's network card. i.e. read the first post on this thread. If you need pictures there are other guides to doing this available on other sites... I'd post a link but im too lazy.

5. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Why is this Thread in the PS2 section?

6. getter

getter Member

mmm no the problems is that, i saw 1 time start mgs from my hd, the problem is another, is PSO that block the bba to 10mbits right? with debugger the bba can go at 100mbs but in the debugger there is an option that tell "press start to select another dol" i press start but the gc freeze and i cant do anything more, and if i watch my hub i see 3 leds, 100mb, full duplx ecc, but if u reload PSO the hub have only 1 led again in 10mbits, the idea is, create a dol with the debugger inside and after press start to load in that mode the bba go to 100mbits and u can start the game now

7. getter

getter Member

with cg pdx server metal gear start but cause 10mbits, but when i start for enter the game after solid snake swim it freeze, is possible with pdx server load the debugger?

8. getter

getter Member

guys i extracted the gcm file with gc-tool, and now i have all the files of metal gear with all the subfolders, now the problem is, how to burn it? mode 1? xa? anyone can help me?

9. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

wassup icemonkey..

i see us monkey's have a thing for the modding/hacking.. hehe..

peace and keep up the good work!
    seamonkey420

10. Tails997

Tails997 Member

You can't play burned games with the gamecube. I will not play becuse the gamecube reads cds outside-in while all other things read inside-out

11. getter

getter Member

mmmm, the last possibility is that one make a loader with the option 100mbit, because is PSO that block the bba at 10mbit, but my question is, why metal gear freeze when the game start after that snake swim? or when i try to open the memory card option?

12. sobhy2406

sobhy2406 Regular member

this should be moved to the gamecube section

13. cliot

cliot Member

HEy i have two questions i don't think i am getting 10megabytes a seconds becuase at the bottom of my pheonix v2.2 it reads max 1,074Kbytes/sec so i was wondering if anyone knows if this can be increased and how and also is there a website with a list of all the gamecube games and which loaders works and such thanks alot.

14. giersh

giersh Member

you won't get 10 megabytes per second
    you'll get 10 megaBITS per second
    that's about 450-500 kbps
    PSO is locked at a 10 megabit connection

15. getter

getter Member

look, the debugger can set the bba at 100mb right? after loaded pso, well, think now an ACL with that option inside, load pso, load acl and set at 100mb, it's not a bad idea.
    i tried those games:
    RESIDENT EVIL REBIRTH: it start but for the first part have frequency problems, if u start the game it load perfectly but the image is more down respect the center of TV

MARIO SUNSHINE: it load, when u select A B C it freeze

METAL GEAR SOLID TTS: it load when u start the game after solid swim it freeze

RESIDENT EVIL 0: it dont load

16. sobhy2406

sobhy2406 Regular member

will a mod move it to the gamecube section and maybe sticky it

17. giersh

giersh Member

sounds like you're having a bad run of games, bub...
    FF crystal chronicles works fine, but has mad slow load times, and metroid prime, i haven't gotten to work...
    fzero gx loads fine and stuff, but since it streams everything, it stutters constantly during gameplay... taht's all i've tried
    i wonder if PSO 1&2 will work :p

18. frostiex

frostiex Member

Does anyone know if PSO3 works? or do I need to get PSO1&2?

thanks.

19. getter

getter Member

ok tried rebel strike with pdx disc server, only the first part loaded only the words at the start, but please anyone can tell me why phoenix 2.2 dont load anything???

20. darkjmaza

darkjmaza Guest

[bold]Hi people here's my list of game's that work and
    does't work and their error's. [/bold]

Al tested with Phoenix build 70 on a PAL Gamecube.

Download phoenix at
    http://gchack.free.fr/utils/loader/cbs-phnx22.rar

If you got a malfuctioning ISO or other type of file post it!!

List of Games.

[bold]Viewtiful Joe:[/bold] Works perfectly!

[bold]Crazy Taxi:[/bold] Loads only the beginning screen then phoenix stopped transfering data.

[bold]Zelda Four swords (JAP):[/bold] Works perfectly!

[bold]Donkey Konga (JAP): [/bold]Phoenix loads a little bit of data but the game doest work. (in the INF file you will read only tested with AC loader 1.4 with a Japanese gamecube).

[bold]Wario World:[/bold] Works perfectly!

[bold]Nintendo Puzzle collection: (JAP)[/bold] Works perfectly!

[bold]Soul Calibur 2:[/bold] Works great, sometimes a little bit choppy.

[bold]Harvest Moon: A wonderfull life:[/bold] Does boot, at a certain point in the game Poenix stops streaming data. (people say It can be fixed by using a proper save file of the game).

[bold]Busta Move 3000:[/bold] Works perfectly!

[/bold]Billy Hatcher and the giant egg:[/bold] Works perfectly!

More Games to be added!

Post the status of your games here so we can create a list of all the working/non working games! Also add the type of cube you own, PAL US JAP.

Good luck!