1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Guide to Gamecube Backup/Booting

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Icemonkey, Dec 12, 2003.

1. muhmann

muhmann Member

I'm trying to get the streaming working, and it doesn't look too bad. But coul somebody tell me the difference between the types of files that can be streamed tio the cube? There are *.gcm *.dol *.iso *.bin. What's the difference?

The highest transfer rate I can get is about 500 kbps, did anybody manage to get a higer one? Wich programs did you use?

2. XxHaXx

XxHaXx Guest

someone PM me..

3. giersh

giersh Member

4. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Hey thanks for the link man. I used to use dog tool, but I had a HD fail on me and lost a bunch of programs. That was one of them. Now to enjoy this great GC ripper.

5. micwong88

micwong88 Guest

Hi! Everyone,
    I need your help.
    I have a NTSC Gamecube and a JAP PSO I&II (NTSC too).
    PSOLoader work fine on loading any NTSC image. However, I only get black & white on any PAL image. Can anyone help me to solve such problem?
    Currently, I use Phoneix 2.1 (build 56).
    Thanks.

6. funnyface

funnyface Member

just wondering...if i have a ntsc (us) gamecube, i can't play and load pal (european) games...is that right?

7. XxHaXx

XxHaXx Guest

what am I doing wrong!? I just got all the stuff I needed, and was very exicted and jumped on the project. I tried varios crap with the router, and finally decided there would be less chance of error with a cross over cable. I hook up the cross over, set up all the info in PSO and put in 192.168.1.100 for my NIC card, and 255.255.255.0 for subnet mask. I go through the process of playing online, put in the cd key, etc. etc. I have psul loaded, waiting for connection. The GC goes into the warphole screen, then says connecting to DNS server and says it can't connect. HELP!

8. micwong88

micwong88 Guest

9. intrloper

intrloper Guest

I need some help I stared playing around with this just the other day and so far havehad decent results. However I am still new at this and need some help. such as, what good are *.DOL files and how can you reload these files using PSOloader. Speaking of which what good is PSOloader. I am currently using Phoenix 2.1 to stream the games and i used PSUL 1.1 to redo my memCard. I know I sound green and I am but I would very much like so help and advice that I could make use of. Thanks to anyone that can help.

10. gsfull

gsfull Member

I can't even get the psul to work......
    This is what I get.

"DNS Server Error > Can't bind socket"

But I did set DMZ Host IP Addresss for my router.
    Can anybody help?

Thanks

11. gsfull

gsfull Member

I use Windows 2000.
    Some people say it has something to do
    with the Microsoft DNS Server.

???????

Pls HeLP mE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12. Puleo76

Puleo76 Member

Hi, im new 2 this and after reading these posts, i went out and got the bba and pso.. first attempt at doing the things and everything is working perfect!! I was happy .. I have many different loading programs and I came across the Phoenix, its a nice prog.. I also noticed there was an option 2 run n64 roms, I tried it and it didnt work, i was wondering if there were steps or whatever or special settings that worked w/ u people if u tried it. Also, I backuped my mario kart double dash and it seemed like many hours... I used gamecube iso tool, is there currently anything faster out or any that have a resume option on it... I have read like every post and i dont think stuff like this has been mentioned or whatever so I just thought i bring it up cuase i wanna see them n64 roms workin :)

13. Puleo76

Puleo76 Member

Also, from wht I have experiences, when u see looking for dns server in pso, its not gonna load, u have something hooked up wrong or something. just my 2 cents there

14. eyebunnn

eyebunnn Member

im only getting around 230 KB/s transfer rate.... is this normal or is there any way i can improve this?

15. infidel80

infidel80 Member

ok, I've got a problem

I'm trying to run Gamecube ISO Ripping Server 1.0.0.29 and it's not working

I created a save onto my memory card from my pc to my GC using PSULv1.1, so I know it is connecting in some way. Now when it came to loading the Gamecube ISO Ripping Server Program, the ip settings were all set, I go to launch it, and I get this error message.

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
    C5:0504 IP:0108 OP:c7 8b 6d 03 d2 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

I choose Close, and it doesn't close it, I get this message at the bottom of the GCISORS program, "Server Up, Waiting for Data..." But nothing happens when I load the online PSO game. I'm running Windows XP Professional if that helps. PLEASE HELP!!! I'm so confused

16. Alexstar

Alexstar Member

I was just wondering what version of windows this works for? Because I'm using XP pro with an integrated ethernet and it says that it can't access the local machine. I have all the stuff and have used PSUL, Pheonix, and PSOLoader with no success. If I need a different version of windows then it's no prob I got other versions to use.

17. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Sorry man, it works for XP Pro, I am using that at the current moment. And to everyone having problems connecting, I wish there was something could tell you to help you guys out. Unfortunately I do not. I did have a problem connecting before. Tha thing is, I was connecting just fine, then got high-speed internet installed, then I could not copnnect anymore. I followed all tutorials exactly as far as settings and what not. Well I gave up. Then I got a new HD, and after I set that HD up with XP Pro again, I could connect, with the same settings I was using before. It was really wierd. I did nothing different. But it works now, and thats all that matters. I have come across a fix for people having connection problems. It is in the files section over at max-console. Good luck everyone.

18. infidel80

infidel80 Member

Alright, I finally was able to rip gamecube games to my PC. But, My Super Monkey Ball Game crashed right near the end f the process. It did it twice, so it must be my game and not my systems.

I transfered my Legend of Zelda Multi Pack Game, and I'm having trouble running this. I'm currently using Cubesoft Phoenix v2.1 (build 56) I leave everything on default settings with Phoenix. I was able to see the nintendo logo of the zelda game on my gamecube with PSO running. There's no music, just a lot of loud static. Next, I'm able to choose wether I want to play the origianl, or the master quest. No matter which one I choose, the screen goes black, and nothing happens. Any other type of settings I try, I don't even get as far as the nintendo logo. I spent a shit load of money for this process, and even if it runs at 6fps, I still want to play this stuff, could someone please help? I'm tearing my hair out!!! ARGH!! Thank you for your replies!!

19. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

infidel >>

If you are using Pheonix, then go into the oiptions and change it from PSOLoad to PSUL. There are check boxes by them. Whenever an image hangs up at the end of the process, this is what I do, and the second try works fine. I just switch back and forth. It usually takes me 2 tries to create a successful image because of this.

20. infidel80

infidel80 Member

Well, that's not working for me either :(

I also backed up my Rebel Strike game. I tried launching it with GC Disc Server, and after it said Loading, the screen went to balck, and nothing happend. On the PC side, I saw a shizznit load of dots and the letter C appearing in a box, but, they suddenly stopped, and I waited 10 minutes to see if that's how long it takes to load, but nothing happend. So, I'm still lost, and I haven't played any games this way. I have 2 ripped games on my PC and I can't play any of them :-( *sniff sniff* I need help :-(

EDIT: Somehow this game started working. VERY VERY SLOW THOUGH. But I did play it. I removed my memory card where the screen said Press Start, then I pressed start, it said Loading, then I saw those dots and the letter C's again. Then the game started to play, but so ridiculously slow. But at least now I know I'm able to do it. I used GC Disc Server to do this. Is there a list of games out there that are compatible for streaming? I'd like to know. And do you think there might be some sort of mod-chip / swap trick mod trick, to play burnt mini-dvd backups since now we can rip them?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004