1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Guide to Gamecube Backup/Booting

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Icemonkey, Dec 12, 2003.

1. infidel80

infidel80 Member

I have ripped about 7 gamecube games, I have a dvd burner, and I have 9 blank mini dvd-r's. i burner metroid prime which was in .iso format. It burned to the mini disc, but of course, no modchip, or anykind of swap trick. I'm hoping something will come up soon so I can test this. I could care less playing from my pc to the gc using the broadband adapter. I'm just glad that I can make a copy of my little tiny gc games. I'm anxiously awaiting for the arrival of some type of chip, swap trick. ;-)

2. Aznboi621

Aznboi621 Guest

infidel:

well would freeloader work?
    i saw a new copy at gamestop for 7 bucks
    i will probably buy it saturday
    maybe u could send me one of ur burned gc discs and i can try it out?

3. Zephyr64

Zephyr64 Member

Where can I get that ISO RIpping server from?

4. infidel80

infidel80 Member

I tried running freeloader from the pc, I got it from bitorrent. Anyways, I ran the program, it asked to insert the disc, and when I did, it said no disc. I'm thinking maybe it's because I'm running that program from my pc, instead of having the actuall retail disc of Freeloader. I'll see if I can find that somewhere, and give it a shot. I'll let ya's know.

Aznboi621: www.suprnova.org Sorry, but I don't have enough time here to upload, or have someone download from me :-( good luck.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  5. kojiro

kojiro Member

hey icemonkey, is it possible to copy the gamecube games with my pc thought my DVD rom drive. it has Mini-DVD grooves on the tray. could I use a simple iso making program like Alcohol 120% and use it on the gamecube after I get Phantasy start amd the broadband adapter with the iso server?

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Kojiro: No, you can only use the Gamecube disc reader for making backups of Gamecube discs at this point. Gamecube discs are not mini DVD's and will not read in any DVD reader. The broadband adapter exploit is a work-around to allow you to connect your Gamecube to your PC to use it as an external drive in a matter of speaking.

7. freelook

freelook Member

i have a question about phantasy star online...

i'm looking for the game, but the only versions i can find is "Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1&2" and "Phantasy Star Online III C.A.R.D. Revolution". does it matter what version i get? are the eps 1&2 just a bundle, or did they recode it somehow so that the GC hack doesn't work?

thanks,

--O2

8. Zephyr64

Zephyr64 Member

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 are a bundle game and thats the game you need. I hear that Episode 3 also works but I don't know anyone who can confirm or deny it.

9. Lamorak

Lamorak Member

Could someone do me a favor and test this wiht PSO ep. III? I mean i could go out and buy it myself but if it doesnt work I'd be screwed. The game is also easier to find at the moment than PSO I&II so if someone KNOWS that it works or has proof of some kind that would be greatly appreciated

10. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

It is my understanding that this exploit will not work with Phantasy Star Online 3. I strongly suggest getting a used Phantasy Star 1&2.

11. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Yeah I agree with Icemonkey. As far as I know it doesnt work. I am looking to rent it, so I can test it myself to be sure. I am having a hard time finding it though

12. giersh

giersh Member

aight, someone asked about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles rom streaming; it's the first game i tried, and it works perfectly, with one drawback, the loading times are godawful slow since the music streams, it makes the most horrible noises during loading times... but it plays fine. i play it half the time instead of the disc, just because i can, and it makes me look cool in front of the cheerleaders, huhuhuh

13. Kyoushu

Kyoushu Member

Can anyone help me? I'm streaming Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2, and whenever I press start at the main menu, it freezes and makes a horrible noise. Is it just loading or frozen completely?

14. SONICLINK

SONICLINK Member

First off, I would like to let those of you who don't know, gamecube games have indeed already been pirated, it is possible. go to

http://www.cubehacker.com/modules.phpname=News&file=article&sid=115

to see.

Secondly, do you need to use PSO to rip gamecube games? I live on Hawaii, where they dont have gamecube internet yet. And if they actually finally have it, I know for a fact it isn't broadband. I cant even get broadband on my PC where I live. They always leave our area out when making good internet service, especially on gaming consoles. I still remember dreamcasts internet. "Sorry! NOT availible in Alaska or Hawaii." If anyone finds a way to rip Gamecube games straight from your PC, please let me know.

Oh, well. I guess I'll just play my gamecube games not on my PC. =(
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]SONIC X is cool, but SONIC XXX sucks. Please, if you have a website, DON'T PUT HENTAI POPUPS!!!!!!
    Thank you.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  15. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Sonic, the point if this thread is to help everyone with backing up GC games. It does not require any form of internet either. All it requires is the broadband adapter to hook up to your PC. The first page of this thread should help you with that. And please dont refer to it as "pirating", cuz no one will help you pirate a game. We will help you backup and stream YOUR game to the GC though. Did you even read this thread, or just throw a post in?

16. cliot

cliot Member

I am having problems trying to rip a game using phoenix v2.2 when i begin to rip i get this message on the computer
    "Established a connection with PSO successfully!
    Sending GC program file C:\2.2\RIPTOOL.dol to PSO client... Please Wait!"

And the game cube freezesno music no moving picture it sucks.

So i was wondering what i am doing worng and how can i fix it?

Thanks for you help!

17. leadballs

leadballs Member

PSO loadv2.0a is out and can be downloaded here.
    http://www.cubehacker.com/ 14th message down file named qcdev.com

has new support for PSO3 and japanese versions

Last edited: Apr 12, 2004
  18. Tails997

Tails997 Member

I just got pso3 and having a hard time to load psoloader. Am getting a connection error on the gc side and the pc side doesn't do anything after Served DNS query from 192.168.1.32. !!!PLz Help Me!!!!

Aim: Tails997

19. Abeerguy

Abeerguy Member

hi, i'm new here. I was reading through these messages and i just wanted to clear up the modding issue about gamecube.

The thing is, it cant be modded. Nintendo spent a ton researching and they've set it up to read their special dvd's outside to center. Standard PC's and the other consoles run center to outside because of that one disc reading theory. Second, as someone mentioned earlier, the dvd's arent standard but thats been bypassed before on ps2 and xbox.

The only way to "mod" a gamecube would be to literally take otu the dvd drive as a whole, but if u guys dont know, the whole system is practically connected all together. You'd have to pretty much build a whole new gamecube, lol. I hope this information helps. Thx a lot for the tutorial, its helped a lot!

20. bhullar

bhullar Member

hi
    just need a bit of help, i have set my network up riped games succefully and loaded games but games like wind walker and rouge squadron dont seem to boot.

rouge squadron - freezes at beging but u can see the titles

zelda windwalker - just gives a black screen

is it because they need to be patched?

games i have sucessfuly backed up and boot are:

-smash bros melee
    -mario kart double dash

my set up is:

pal gamecube
    bba addapter
    cat 5 crossover cabbles
    pal pso I&II
    memory card

phoenix 2.2 for loading
    gc ripping server

also wat are the extra settings on the riiping server?

also all my are pal so please help