1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny Nero Error

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by john10012, Aug 12, 2007.

1. john10012

john10012 Member

I have just got a new hard drive which I have done a clean install of Windows XP Pro onto.

At the same time I have downloaded and reinstalled Nero 6. I have version 6.6.1.15a of the burning software. 3.1.0.25 of Nero Vision Express.

When I try and open an existing project that I had been working on in Nero Vision Express I get this funny error message:

"Nero Vision has encountered a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience"

Error signature:
    AppName: nerovision.exe AppVer: 3.1.0.25 ModName: amcuibase.dll
    ModVer: 3.1.0.25 Offset: 00038e14

I've read a couple of previous posts in the group with similar error messages, but these were all for the newer Nero 7.

I am guessing that it may be something somthing similar to do with another background application that is running or perhaps something else that is conflicting?

If anyone can tell me in particular what it is and how to disable it I'd appreciate it. Or if installing a previous version of Nero 6 would fix it I can try that instead.

Cheers for your help

John

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi john10012
    Try going down a version is Nero - particularly NVE 3.1.0.21
    Uninstall Nero - run the clean tool. Reboot
    I'd run a registry cleaner - here's a good free one - ccleaner. Use the cleaner and issues options.
    Now install Nero again - package 1 and package 2 (vision, recode etc.)

edit to add: if the project you are working on was previously created in Vision and you have it saved in one of Nero's folders - save it to a different place.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  3. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

@binkie7

sorry to jump in on your conversation but, have downloaded
    the CCCleaner...my problem is not familiar with these programs
    i cant find a guide/or help how to use ect

just wondering i would like to use this setup, but worried
    about letting the program DELETE something it shouldn't DELETE
    so how do we go about doing/using this with out messing up

the registry is the one that bothers me the worst, because i know
    you can mess up your PC very easily in that way................

anyway thanks again
    afterdawn great place to be....................

4. binkie7

@freedom2
    CCleaner is one of the 'safer' ones out there. Does a good job cleaning up and is not as aggressive as some registry cleaners.
    I use it on 4 pc's here - all with different setups.
    One thing I like about it is the cleaner option. It also cleans out you temp files - by default setting will just leave the last 3 days worth which is fine. This option does a much better job then the windows utility.

When you install uncheck the options to install the yahoo toolbar and you can leave the default settings.
    When setup on the left you'll see the options like cleaner & issues.
    Issues cleans up the registry and it asks if you would like to save a backup of the registry. Do this just in case. You can also look at everything it found and uncheck anything that you don't want deleted.

Here's a link to their quick tour that may help you - link

Hope this helps

edit to add: found this guide that may be useful - ccleaner guide

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  5. john10012

john10012 Member

Hi. I tried everything you said, unfortunately I still get the same error. I have emailed Nero about it so hopefully someone from their customer support will be able to help unless anyone else in the group has any suggestions?

I have read quite a lot of posts from people using Nero in this group and elsewhere with the same error message. Unfortunately all the messages I have read relate to Nero 7, and a lot of the people using that version are saying to drop back to Nero 6 as it is more stable and less buggy. That's no good for me though cause its Nero 6 I have and its the same error it looks like.

I think I agree with a lot of the complaints about Nero, it has become too much of a bulky application and I can see a lot of people leaving in droves to other applications instead which is a shame. Unless Nero can do something and urgently to address these issues I think that company is heading down the toilet.

John

6. binkie7

Ok is it only one file that gives you this error or is it all now?

Were you running XP Pro (32bit or 64bit) before the new hard drive and clean install?

Anything else change pc wise - like new programs you may not have been running before?

May not be it but here's 2 to check: Running DirectX 9.0c? (start>run>dxdiag)
    Video card drivers up to date?

7. john10012

john10012 Member

I'm running xp pro 32 bit (sp2) before and after.

There isn't anything else I am running that I wasn't running before. I think if anything I'm probably running slightly less as I haven't reinstalled a lot of programs yet.

Yep, I'm on DirectX 9.0c, no video card problems, drivers are up to date.

I might try seeing if an earlier version of Nero 6 and NVE works if not I maybe will see if the oem version of Nero 5 I have on CD works. Hopefully it wont take too long for Nero to reply to my email. If I can't sort this out I may have to ditch Nero for good and go with something else like Ashampoo and DVD Author.

John

8. binkie7

Hmmm this one is perplexing - finding out what changed to now how Nero act up.
    Trying an earlier version then these 2 sounds like a plan.

Here's a free program you can try - DivXtoDVD.
    Not as fancy as Nero but usually problem free. Set the standard to the TV format you're in - like PAL - Europe etc, NTSC - US, Canada.
    Save the file to your hard drive then use Nero burning rom to express tp burn the video_ts folder.

Don't be surprised if Nero tells you to do a clean install and try again. They don't always seem to have the best tech support.