1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g: drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by duboy1, Jan 5, 2005.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

I read around a little and i have like 20 or so gigs left on my g: drive and i can't install any games nor programs on it. Is there an easy way to allow me to get my G: drive to show without deleting any games or progs? thanks!

2. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

apps like px HDDloader and DVD2XBOX let you choose whicj deive to install to. What app are you usinf for HDD backup?

3. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

i mean like when i got it modded.. it didnt partition the drive for me to be able to use it. and i heard like some sort of patch for it so i could use it and i didnt know whether or not i could fix it still so i could have the extra 20 gigs without anything being deleted.

4. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

What size is is your drive. Slayers installer disk has a function to format the G:

5. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

my full drive is suppose to be 160 .. but only like 120 - 130 is available for me. On the g: drive when i looked at the evox settings .. it showed 22gb left

6. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

how do you back up games to your hdd?

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

First,make sure that your G drive is formated. You can do this with most autoloaders. Next,make sure that your dashboards/mediaplayers/apps recognize the G drive....you can check this in the xml/ini files for each program. Last,make sure that your bios supports a G drive.

If you goto your dashboard and it reads that there is space in your G drive....then chances are that your G drive is formated. Then you would go into your ini/xml files and check to see if the app is set to look in the G dive. Most dashes have it in the settings,evox you will have to go into the ini file and set it to look for games on the G drive. You can enable it through the settings,but you will have to change a line in the ini for it to look there.

8. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

since i have evox, should i just enter a new line the the evox.ini file through ftp'ing it to my comp?.. just what should the line say? and in what section should it be in? thanks!

9. jeicastro

jeicastro Member

i have a problem with my xbox its the tray that comes out that you put the game in that doesnt come out right away i have to press the sob until it comes out then when i turn it off it wont come right back on i have to wait a damn hour then try it again can some one tell me what the problem is with it i thought i was just dirty at first but its not that.