1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G04 Power Calibration

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dude2099, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Ive search the forums but doesnt really cover what i wanna know. Brought a 50 Spindle of G04s made about 5 or 6 backups of my movies, then got a Copy Protected Audio CD, locked up my computer, and dvd drive. Had to use a pin in the the pin hole to open the drive, just wouldnt open even with a restart. Now when i try to burn a dvd i get a power calibration error, ive cleaned the drive with a cleaning cd, no luck. Could i of damaged my drive with the pin, maybe pushing to hard. Ive uninstall Nero 6 and gone back to 5 and then back to 6 again each with clean install. And tryed DVD Decrypter as an alternative but that didnt help. Anyone got any ideas?

2. john179

john179 Active member

Have you tried with a different batch of media.What media are you using at present.What burner have you got.If you can let us know these things we may be able to help a little more.

Thanks
    John179

3. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Windows XP SP2
    MSI DR8A firmware 1.5D
    im using Ritek G04's
    and it get worst, i think it is busted it wont read any cds or dvd now?
    oh and sorry for late reply, couldnt get onto forums for the last 2 days computer being gay

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004