1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Jackal Pro - Need Info

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by rabidrod, Sep 15, 2008.

1. rabidrod

rabidrod Member

Can You Move game jackal pro from one computer to another ?
    I have AnyDVD from slysoft and I can move it from my desktop to my laptop. Before I Purchase Game Jackal Pro I need to Know if there is a way I can do the same thing... Thanks

2. onya

onya Guest

According to Slysoft...

So you're good to go!

3. rabidrod

rabidrod Member

Thanks, Guess I'll go ahead and order it

4. rabidrod

rabidrod Member

Was looking around in Game Jackal Program files and found this in Install_locense_en.txt
    The Game Jackal license allows the user to install and use a single Game Jackal license on a single machine.
    If You Have to Pay 40 bucks for every mavhine u play your game on I don't think it's worth It...
    Any comments ??

5. rabidrod

rabidrod Member

I'M Old can't think of everything at once....
    ONYA Where did you find your Quote ???

6. onya

onya Guest

LOL I know the feeling.
    The quote was from a jackal user....from slysoft forums. I did a double check and by a moderators comments... you are allowed. Profile exchanging is not allowed however (what ever that means) but running one copy on your machines (not simultaneously) is a-ok.

Use this link to their forums, and you can search through without being a member.

SLYSOFT FORUMS

7. rabidrod

rabidrod Member

Thanks again ONYA, I Have 3 Comps & a Notebook in the House, would be expencive on a fixed income...

8. onya

onya Guest

As long as you get what you want..when you want, who could wipe the smile from your face. :)

Three comps and a laptop? Sounds like your at my place.. are you sure you don't live in Australia? I don't want any surprises when I open the spare room door!

Fixed income my friend? Yep me too since January this year... hopefully the docs will give me the all clear to get at least a decent income. If your system is like my system, then keeping life and limb together is almost impossible with state assistance. All the best of british luck to us both you reckon? shite it can't get much worse surely? LOL

Sorry to chat so long MODS.. I just can't help it sometimes.

Cheers.

9. rabidrod

rabidrod Member

Took your advice and looked around slysoft and found this:

There Were no Replys to this Thread
    PS: The Info I Posted was from v3.1.1.2

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  10. onya

onya Guest

lmao.. makes you wonder eh? it's the answer you get when you really don't get an answer...
    At least they have a trial version.

All praises be to Slysoft

Cheers rod.

11. rabidrod

rabidrod Member

Posted a message on the sly soft forum about the one machine and got this response from a slysoft support member:
    Maybe there is a god

12. onya

onya Guest

Stranger things have happened.

This license issue is vaguely similar to Autodesk products.. IE: AutoCAD and Inventor. I am allowed to use their (my) software on multiple PC's, and have a license export function that dictates the "time away" from the original install machine and wants to know the IP addy of the machine it's going to and the anticipated time use.
    Perhaps Slysoft could introduce this style of licensing to their products. There is one glaring disparity though.. it's the cost. CAD cost me just under $AUD7000.00 (per seat) and Inventor, considerably more (I use/did use the "company's" Inventor seat...it's waaay cheaper.

After all this... Game jackal would wanna be worth the effort LOL

Cheers.