1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

game save hack?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by Who_U, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Who_U

Who_U Member

hi there,

first things first, sorry if this is in the wrong spot, if it is, can someone please move to the appropriate spot, not delete it ;)

now, does anyone know how to hack xbox gamesaves? (xbox 1) i have the latest version of evoX...

if there is already a tut about it, please point me in the right direction, because i cannot find anything yet...

thanks

2. varnull

varnull Guest

There used to be a method.. the saves are signed (mad but true) so what you need is a hex editor and a signature file for the specific strings used in the saves.

I tried and tried at this and never ever made it work.. so I gave up in the end. Google should find the stuff you need.. but I think the guide has long gone along with the site hosting it.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/07/12/166240

and the reasons for the general takedown are really clear.. http://gothi.blogspot.com/2006/12/end-of-save-hacking.html

I think the best place to start would be with the existing game mods.. if they use a hacked save that is.. most seem to patch the main game not the saves.

3. Who_U

Who_U Member

thanks for your response, because i could not find 1 thing on the internet to point me in the right direction. the game i want to hack is Harry Potter & The Chamber Of Secrets. i have successfully made a trainer for this, but because i used a full gamesave(everything unlocked and finished)i couldn't actually get all the spells and stuff. anyway, the reason i told this story is because i found the website http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s=eddcb452caaba198a96ca50af797e2b2&showforum=48 and they explain how to do it, but only for certain games, and does not show how to do it for any other game.

what my goal is: i want to start off at the beginning with maximum power spells all spells and as additional bits (beans, balloons, stink pellets etc...)

maybe there happens to be a guide on how to hack any save game? if so, can you please send me a link? also, how about trainers? i know that they can freeze values, but can thay change them at the same time? eg. if set to on, it will make the value 500 and freeze it from going down, rather than just stoping it going down and staying there.

thanks

4. varnull

varnull Guest

no can do.. I'm in the alliance who agree not to give out that information.. we have our reasons. most games were never cracked anyway.. there are no guides and no signature files available now.. and haven't been since we all agreed that cheaters were ruining the live gaming experience for people who just wanted to enjoy playing.. Just play the game why not.. after all that's what it is about isn't it?

All i can give you is what I have already .. that's the lot.. I'm bound by the agreement from years back.

ppw - one time member of an uploader group