1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Save question after upgrading HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by DLyon4, Oct 30, 2007.

1. DLyon4

DLyon4 Regular member

I'm putting this in the software question because, I think it's mostly that. I recently upgraded to a much larger HDD and loaded my games on to it to save the life of the DVDrom and now I can't save a previously saved game. What I mean is I'm playing Halo2 from the HDD and it doesn't update saved checkpoints. I save the game, but when I reload it takes me back to the last save point prior to the HDD replacement. Are the game saves in the UDATA directory? If so, what should the attributes be. Since I did it all through xboxhdm then when I burnt the ISO does that change all the attributes to read only? That would explain why I can't overwrite the game save. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You can't use gamesaves from the disc version and transfer them to the HDD version. It will cause corruption.

You can try deleting the E:\Cache contents, but the above point still stands!

3. DLyon4

DLyon4 Regular member

Well here's what I did. Since I had FTP'd everything over to the computer before setting up the ISO for rebuilding the new drive, I figured I would just ftp both the UDATA and TDATA directories back over to the xbox and overwrite the existing directories. I use flashfxp and guess what I couldn't overwrite the directories. I had to delete them from the xbox and then ftp them over from the computer. Then for S&Gs I tried to ftp them over again to see if I could over write the existing and it worked. So I powered up HALO2 and played long enough to reach a new checkpoint, saved it, got out of the game and then reloaded and low and behold I had successfully saved to the next checkpoint. So maybe when you build the ISO and then have the CD-R......., crap I figured it out, are you supposed to use a R/W disk? That would make sense. I'm pretty sure that any info on a R disk is read only and therefore you would have to change the properties after the transfer.

Hey Chunkhead what do you think?

Anyway I fixed my problem the hard way, I might redo the whole process of replacing the HDD, only this time I'll use a R/W instead.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The disc type won't have any impact (i'm assuming you are talking about the XboxHDM CD!?).

Glad you got it working though!