1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game server

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Arancar, May 28, 2007.

1. Arancar

Arancar Guest

Wht do i need for a private server for MUonline game?
    I need sumtin that is strong
    That can fill up to 5000 player at a time or maybe 10,000 player
    I need to know so that i can estimate the price.
    And aslo the type and series of the server
    I intend to set up a private server but close to Global server standard

2. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Well you're best bet would probably be a nice Dell Optiplex Small Busniess Server, unfortunately I don't have a model number for you. You'll want at least 4 GB of RAM, a datapipe connection running 6Mbs or better (try server hosting out in Dallas, the bandwidth for a lot of their servers is supreme), and a harddrive big and fast enough to keep up with all of the player and game data (probably 2 500 GB SATA drives).

On the software side of things, you'll want either MaNGOS or Antrix (along with the databases realitive to your server), you'll defeanately want MySQL and SQLyog, and you will definantly want some strong anti-virus and anti-hack protection.

You'll definantly want something like Xampp for a nice all around package of an HTTP server, FTP, and MySQL server. You'll want to buy a URL, definately. And yo may want to go ahead and set up a paypal so people can donate to your site, since it will be costing you about $450 a month to get all of this plus some good bandwidth. To make the cost issue worse, you won't be able to sell advertisement on your site because you'll be running an illegal server, and no one will be willing to risk supporting you officially like that.

3. Arancar

Arancar Guest

Thnx dude...
    so i cant sell advert in my site?
    Hurm...do u hav any opinion?
    I'm like a gameholic person
    Game is like heaven to me

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

if your life revolves around gaming, then i'd suggest getting some help. all things in moderation, after all.