1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamebride with windows vista!!

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by sloshmold, Mar 20, 2007.

1. sloshmold

sloshmold Member

hey can some one help, i bought a gamebridge for my xbox360 so i can record what im playing but it seems not to work on windows vista it comes up saying,window cannot find divise please contact manufacture,will they dont help alot so i hope some one can help me on here thanks.

2. jerk1off

jerk1off Member

Grabbed this form another forum but should help

"I managed to get mine to work under Vista32. It was tricky though and took some doing.

First I unplugged it from my USB, rebooted. Then I ran the "Autorun" form the CD which (after allowing it to run) pulled up a box that had only a cancel button. Without cancelling, I re-inserted the gamebridge into my USB slot and it detected and eventually installed the drivers, though I did have to "ok" it a few times due to signing issues. When it went to install the application it failed and claimed no adaptec device was installed.

I rebooted again with the gamebridge unplugged...then I put it back in and it was detected in my device manager so I assumed the drivers were installed ok. I navagated to the software folder on the CD and ran the "installGB.exe" application. This once again claimed no Adaptec device was detected.

I right clicked on the InstallGB.exe file, went to the compatability tab and checked the checkbox and set it to WinXP sp2 compatability mode. Then I also checked the "run application in administrator mode" just for compeletness. I ran it again and this time the software installed!

After it installed I rebooted once again and ran the software after booting. It didn't work...which really bummed me out. Then I realized the SVIDEO cable had come loose...I plugged it back in and was able to watch cable on my monitor.

One thing to note, I did not even hook up the audio as that is going through my home theater system anyway so that might affect peoples success with the device."

credit to Tapar

/note if u r tryin to get it to run under windows vista x64 it wont work

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  3. sloshmold

sloshmold Member

thanks but i dont think its going to work tho becouse i got AMD 64 athlon dont know if it makes any difference?.

4. jerk1off

jerk1off Member

your processor doesnt matter. what matters is if you are using a 64bit operating system. to check in vista Start > control panel > system then look under the "system type" to see if it is 64bit or 32bit.

5. sloshmold

sloshmold Member

ok thanks its a 32bit ill give that ago again not havening luck tho