1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube Backing up and Booting - help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by animedev, Jun 25, 2004.

1. animedev

animedev Member

Ok, i've read through icemonkey's tutorial on how to backup and play a gc backup, but read soo many things after that that i don't know what i'm supposed to do anymore. I have read that PSOloadV2.0a is the best tool to use to Load your PSO, but have no idea how to use it and can't find tutorials. I scoured the internet and DC hubs for a GC ISO maker, and got one, but read that GC backups crash a lot.

Could some one make a NEW FRESH UPDATED tutorial on how to use the new tools to make a gc backup? I have been reading these forums for hours now and i am more confused than i was before when i didn't know any of this...

If not, thats ok, but it'd REALLY help me a lot!

2. joseph11h

joseph11h Member

Unless you absolutely need it, I can't make a tutorial right now because of time contraints. But, I can tell you that it is MUCH easier to do than it used to be.

There are really only three main functions you need to run Gamecube games.

1. A loader such as PSOLoad, as you mentioned.
    2. A streamer, such as Cubesoft's Phoenix.
    3. And an ISO Ripper to backup your games onto your PC to be streamed.

Luckily, one program can do this now, and integrates all three functions into one. I mentioned it, and it's called Cubesoft Phoenix. The latest version, v2.3, was just released a few weeks ago. You can download it here: http://gchack.free.fr/utils/loader/cbs-phnx23.rar

Once you install that, make sure your IP addresses are what they're supposed to be (By default, Gamecube: 192.168.1.32 and PC: 192.168.1.1) but can be changed if need be. Check your IP address of the PC in Network Connections (Windows 2000/XP) or Network Neighborhood I think (in 98 or earlier). And check the IP of the Gamecube in Phantasy Star Online under options somewhere. Read Icemonkey's tutorial on how to do that. If you have any more questions, just ask. But for the most part, you can follow most of the steps in Icemonkey's tutorial, except for a few which I described here.

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

If I could get a hold of all of the tools necessary I could maybe try to write a new tutorial for those. I just haven't been doing much Gamecube lately due to networking issues in my home.

4. animedev

animedev Member

thankyou all very much. This new tool is very easy to use. Maybe if i get this working i'll write a new Tutorial!

5. dontay

dontay Member

in Phoenix23 i get packet loss at 100% why is that & the image wont close
    help