1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamecube controller macro?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by mrreese00, Jan 30, 2011.

1. mrreese00

mrreese00 Member

hello all

i have a gamecube controller, i think its a microcon that i had opened to clean a few sticky buttons. as i was cleaning, i noticed on the mainboard, opposite of the "Z" button a space for a button with the metallic contacts labled "M". also, just below the start button are two contacts labled "macro". is there a way to make a button for this and make it active? ill post pics if i have too, but getting that controller back together wasnt a fun task. im open to suggestions/ideas/rejections.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. mrreese00

mrreese00 Member

easier than i had thought. everything i thought was right. i havent tested the led or the right macro contact (turbo?) though. madcatz is cheap. instead of making different controllers, they seem to have made a "one for all" microcon for the gamecube. although i didnt get any help on this, i hope this helps someone in the future.

fyi: i did this because i lost my CC Pro and melee attacks in goldeneye are kinda difficult on the gc controller. my macro button fixed that problem. pics coming when i make it pretty.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  3. Brocky70

Brocky70 Member

So you were able to enable macros on it?

My current understanding of a macro is the ability to constantly have the start button pressed.

I am looking for a wii or gamecube controller that can do so.

The only turbo or autofire Ive seen cannot be programmed to the start button.