1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube DOL-001 and DOL-101 , What are the differences?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Sleapuh, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Sleapuh

Sleapuh Member

I got ahold of them both after loseing my first gamecube, and have another modchip on the way. But which should I use? Im still sticking with a xeno.

But which do you think will be more reliable? The dol-001, or 101?

2. susieqbbb

susieqbbb Guest

There are two models of gamecube's

One is called version 1 it contains a digital port and the analog port on the back of the gamecube.

Version 2 however doesn't have the digital port nintendo noticing that gamers didn't want to shell out 80.00 for a digital cable they decided to remove the port.

3. Sleapuh

Sleapuh Member

Well. I was speaking more of the technical aspects of the versions, not the psyical aspects.

I heard from a few sources, that the 001`s laser lens is abit longer lasting, and the 101`s chipset is more updated and advanced.

So right now I swapped a few things around, so my cube is currentlly useing the chipset of a 101, and the dvd drive of a 001.

As for the 001`s digital port on what we will refer to as ''cube-b'' Would there be any benefit on keeping it around or at least the digital out port? (No, I dont have an adapter for it, Nor do I plan to disconnect my PS2`s HDMI)