1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GameCube Full Size Dvd-R mods

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by L-Burna, Mar 3, 2005.

1. mrunix

mrunix Member

joe33333

You are a N00B yes, i am a newbie? Nope. Learn READING you blind f*** i already got the case from the Netherlands. And second of all you DONT need a router, HUB, PSO or BBA if you are using the MAXDRIVE mod hack. Al you need is an USB cable and an PC. So you dont need the fake ass Viper. Viper is for lasy noobs that hate to swap with GCOS bootloader. It cost only an total of 20 or 25 seconds!

2. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

He has spoken, everyone show your respect.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hahaha lol
    I have to agree gulliver,I pretty much laughed to be honest when reading that.The sad thing is that mrunix seems to think he is on to something.I was also looking at this line from mrunix in his first post:

1) Buy an FULL DVDR MOD CASE
    http://www.gamecubecase.com

This was his first step,and who said everyone would buy from http://www.gamecubecase.com .I was looking at Xtender cases also,might be better quality since they have already made numerous PSTwo cases.Xtender puts out pretty high quality cases,you have to give them that much credit.Bleh I don't know,will wait and see what is top of line.Make sure to tap mrunix on the a$$ for his brilliant guide ;)?

4. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

L-burna, if you like that, check out my thread on mrunix's Golden FAQ. You'll find it quite inciteful;)

5. kalmeq

kalmeq Guest

what are ritek g04 dvdr ?
    are they just normal dvdr with 4 x speed ?
    i mean any dvd r is ok to burn gamecube game no?

6. mrunix

mrunix Member

RitekG04 is an mediacode. NOT every DVDR will work on your gamecube. Some DVDR will gives DRE (disc read errors) I will recommand you to use RitekG04 mediacode. SOme of thease ritekg04 can be found as mini DVD-R as TraxData .. if you use FULL size DVDR you can use RIDISC thats automatically RitekG04. But if you can find RitekG05 media code, its okay also.

7. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Omg this thread is so shit now

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hahah lol yeah it doesn't take much to make a thread look bad does it indienemo.Hey but check out his glorious Cube,it will bring us to the promised land.Well I did hear some pretty good news though,after reading in the .nfo from Cobra 1.0 bios they mentioned that Xtender will be shipping the full size dvd-r case mods in 2 weeks.I also looked off http://www.gamecubecase.com and they mentioned that they just started the testing phase,so it shouldn't be long from now.I wouldn't doubt the cases come out close to the end of this month.The bad news is that you will have to fix the jewel for the cases once you get it,only cost like $2 dollars if you go through http://store.nintendo.com .If you look up nameplate assembly direct link here http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay .I hope this helps anyone out that is interested.

Peace L-Burna

9. ABHQ

ABHQ Guest

[REMOVED]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2005
  10. kalmeq

kalmeq Guest

how can i know my dvdr are ritek 04 disk with dvdinfo ?

11. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

What does this have to do with GC case mods? Post this somewhere else, or better yet, do a search for it as this question has been answered many times on many different boards.

12. kalmeq

kalmeq Guest

i have search but i dont know where and how to search to many topics . cmon help me out there . we are there to help each other . i have search dvdinfo in search and i got nothing interesting

13. indienemo

indienemo Guest

why the hell did you post that? it was completely off topic...

@kalmeq

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2005
  14. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

If indeed you did a search and didn't find anything then you need to start a new thread with your question because it does not pertain to this particular thread.

And yes we are here to help each other. But you need to help us by not cluttering up threads with questions that don't belong there.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  15. Spilo

Spilo Guest

I noticed that this full size cover don't have an LED window... Do you have to remove the LED to put this cover on?

16. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

You shouldn't have to; it just covers it up.

17. ABHQ

ABHQ Guest

[REMOVED]

18. Ize

Ize Regular member

I tried ordering a case from Ahead, it won't let me.

Any Ideas ABHQ?

19. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Mate, does this look like a customer support forum? Post on topic or dont post at all...