1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gamecube games on xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by duboy1, Jan 15, 2004.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

can you put gamecube games on and xbox with a gamecube emulator somehow? Thanks!

duboy1

2. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

if you find that out i would like to know!

3. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Don't hold your breath until then since the gamecube specs are better than the xbox!

4. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

I read a post in the PS2 forum about storing GC isos on your PC hardrive and streaming them thru the GC broadband adapter using a Phansty-Star exploit. Search the PS2 forums for more info.

5. rfvasquez

rfvasquez Member

MikeDDR - the only Gamecube spec that I see that is better is that it is smaller

6. Geoz

Geoz Member

Our best chance is IF someone or a group of emus *Hint Hint Jabo & PJ64 team... or an expert that know what he is doing writes an GC emu for PC with Direct X Sound and Graphics as Open GL will be much harder to port.
    PS i dont know how MikeDDR came to the conclusion that GC specs are better than Xbox!
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/hardware/compare.php

7. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

On a slightly different note what about GBA Advanced games on a dvd for the xbox like the snes and nes ones that are around at times??

jusst a thought

DaOsT

8. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

A GC cannot be emulated on the xbox. although the xbox rules, and does have better specs than the xbox, it takes tons of resources and power to emulate another system. nothing above or including the PS1 can be emulated as fas as I know.

9. Geoz

Geoz Member

DaOsT - in reply to ur answer yes GBA IS emulated on the Xbox just search for it on google, i am sure you will find it, i would post a link but i am feeling lazy! lol

shdwsfall - in reply to ur answer the psx is emulated and the N64 on Xbox which is above it (Specs wise) [PJ64 X 0.70] i think is the latest but ill check on that, so what i am saying is that you never know...

True the GC would take alot to emulate but i dont think it is impossible, never say that cos thats what they said about N64 emulation b4 UltraHLE went and and started dropping bombs.
    the xbox when bought new is a 700mhz proccesser but i have seen ads which state it could be boosted to 1.42Ghz (ob u have 2 buy it) so now all we need is a proger' [who has 2 be mighty good!!] and some1 that nows how 2 port well 2 Xbox system... i have 2 admit it would run into ALOT of legal matters aswell and would have 2 be kept under wraps so u never now a project might be happening right now!...doubt it though

- Geoz

10. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

Geoz LMAO

thanxs alot will look it up tomorra of for a skin full of beer now
    DaOsT