1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube Modchip?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Pop_Smith, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

hi everyone, has anyone seen this video? I downloaded it and watched it but, it looks fishy to me, supposedly, the people who made the first PS2 modchips are making a GCN modchip as well. Here is a picture of it
    [​IMG]
    and a video of the modchip in action
    http://www.gcdemos.co.uk/files/gcchipdemo.rar
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]My Comp:
    Dell Dimension 8100
    Pentium 4 1.3 GHZ
    640 MB RAM
    40 GB HDD
    120 GB HDD
    Nvidia GeForce 2 64MB
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
    NEC 2500-A
    Windows XP Home[/small]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2004
  2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I have been looking off of a site called http://www.maxconsole.com and they have a site off of there that is suppose to be the first gamecube modchip site.The site for the gamecube modchip is called http://gcc.modchip.sm/ this is what they have off of there.I also noticed today that they have the GC Mod Booting Homebrew disc which is from the Origa team.I still think it is fishy,but there should be a modchip out for the GameCube real soon I think.I don't think it will be from the people I mentioned the Origa team.If it aint a modchip then it should be able to play like dreamcast.Where all you have to do is upstream the iso to your computer with a program that is not out as of yet and burn it.I think either way should work,but I could be wrong on both of them.We might all just have to stick with upstreaming for the longest time.

3. lm_mario

lm_mario Guest

Hello,

They are fakes, These videos have been floating around for a while on P2P Programs n' such.

- Mario

4. ev1l

ev1l Guest

no such thing has a Game Cube mod chip. but it is prossbile to be able play game cube back ups over a line of your internet service comcast. i know a web site who make's copied? game's for da game cube the only prob is i would be breaking the rules on posting a web site that sells copied game's in this forum. send me a pravite message and ill give u a link.

5. ev1l

ev1l Guest

Pop_Smith u are a lier there is no mod chip for da game cube i know where to get copieds? but im not aloud to post it in the forum in away i can always send a pravite message to ppl who need help backing up there original copy's in your email that wouldn't be breaking the rules

6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

first off, i [bold] NEVER [/bold] said there is a modchip for the GCN, i posted a link to the video and the picture but, i ASKED if anyone had seen the video i also said that is looked fake.

Read what people have posted before flaming them :)

7. ev1l

ev1l Guest

i understand sorry about that?

8. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Its ok, u are forgiven

9. mafiaman

mafiaman Member

It's half done. They have managed to by-pass the security (barcode reader security as it's called)and booted a game (so logo shows but then it dies because no data on the disc).... but they cannot decrypt data from the disk too make a working burnable copy. Next step is to create software similar to xbox iso and what not, so they can burn the iso's some people have managed to extract.

I foresee a modchip by December as a famous ps2 chip creator team is on the case.

10. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

check this out...
    July 28, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Modchips, Factory Expansion, Shipment Delay.

Time for some more news.

1) Sorry to everyone for the delay in the last shipment. The last two weeks have been really full of delay from our suppliers. The last two weeks shipments are going out only tomorrow to our distributors.

Please give our distributors until Monday 02/August/2004 to receive the goods and distribute them.

2) On the good news side, we are undergoing a full factory expansions, and we will be able to make in house all the assembly process. This should give us the possibility to be always regular in production and shipping.

This expansion will take from us most of the month of August, and we will be back in full operation and ready to produce in our new factory form the first week of September.

3) We will have two new product for PS2 that will be released in the month of September and October.

In addition to this we will also have two new Modchips for the two other console systems available on the market.

And we really hope to succeed to be the first Team to release a Modchip for a particular console :).

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    taken from the matrix team (a maker of one of the best chips for ps2) http://www.matrix-mod.com/general/News.htm

11. mafiaman

mafiaman Member

Thats what I'm on about good find matey ;)

12. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

What does this have to do with the GCN modchip?

13. mafiaman

mafiaman Member

Gamecube modchip development it's all the same ball point

14. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

read the last part...
    3) We will have two new product for PS2 that will be released in the month of September and October.

[bold]In addition to this we will also have two new Modchips for the two other console systems available on the market.

And we really hope to succeed to be the first Team to release a Modchip for a particular console :).[/bold]

already have a modchip out for ps2, so one will be x box and the other must be gamecube. it also says that they will be the first the release a modchip for a particular console and gamecube doesnt have one. it could possibly be for PSP but i doubt it since that wont be out for a while and it says it will release it for a console already available.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  15. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Thanks for telling me that.

16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I hope it is the gamecube modchip.I have been waiting for awhile for it to actually come out.They said they where half way through the process meaning they broke the code and can now develop something similiar as the Xbox in linux or something like that.I would think that would be the best way to do it.The only problem is that how is the GameCube gonna be able to store all the information as a Xbox would.I know the Xbox has to be storing alot of info on there just for booting an so forth.The thing I was wondering is there gonna be some kind of way to hook a harddrive or something like that to it or is it gonna be stored on some kind of advanced memory card?I don't really know,but yeah that is cool to hear.

17. ev1l

ev1l Guest

L-Burna you can already play Game Cube back up's over a line of your internet service's with out a mod chip. im not a loud to post web site's that copy original software on backing up or i would be breaking the rule's in the forum?. send me a privaite message' and ill give u a link's?

18. ev1l

ev1l Guest

i am just trying to help you people in this forum and i wan't to give you the question's that are right not wrong. you feel me

19. ev1l

ev1l Guest

send me a privaite if u don't believe me and i will answer all of your question's

20. ev1l

ev1l Guest