1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube section, nice

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by prkl, Apr 23, 2004.

1. prkl

prkl Guest

Hi everybody. A gamecube section is really nice, hopefully we'll hear more news from the gamecube-"skene" now.

Actually I was thinking about if there has been any progress since the end of last year, is someone even working on some other backupmethod apart from pso-bba?

2. moor55

moor55 Member

Hi i like to ask you what kind of format they use for the Game Cube games. Because on the net you have games for the game cube with GCM and some are image ISO.(PAL) I try to burn one on a dvd disc 1.4 GB, but it does't work. I hope you have some tip's for me.

Greets: Moor55

3. prkl

prkl Guest

Ok, i'm not an expert myself, but all I know is that it isn't yet possisble to burn the gamecube games. You get the images by downloading the games from your gamecube with the broadband adapter and phantasy star online. There is no way to burn the disk's yet so the gamecube would read and/or boot them. The only way to play the images is to stream them back to the gamecube with bba and pso, so your gamecube is hooked to your computer all the time.

By the way, no talking about downloading games on these forums!

4. entr0py

entr0py Member

Remember, the reason they choose those crazy mini disks is because they didn't want to pay the licensing fee to the dvd consortium. It would have added $20 to the price of each system. So what we got is this format, based on Matsushita's Optical Disc technology, that's similar to a mini DVD, but different enough that they don't infringe on the DVD copy right. Since it's a proprietary format, I sort of doubt DVD burners will ever be able to make working backups. Then again, people are very clever.