1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games with real gamepad support.

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by tycobb, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

*******sticky this*******

Hi, I wanted to make a list of gamepad supported PC games.This means real gamepad support, not emulated with software.These games should feel just like a console game(some are better than others).I don't list the gamepads supported because it changes from game to game but you can go to the game website and or view the read me just google it.

In most cases you won't have to map any button just plug and play.Some of these however will have an in-game editor in the options and controls screen.

I will continually update this list.

action games:
    *the godfather
    *Gun
    *tomb raider legend
    *halo
    *xmen the official game
    *onimusha 3
    *dynasty warriors 4 hyper
    *gta : san andreas
    *simpsons hit & run
    *devil may cry 3 (special edition)
    *prince of persia 2 :warrior within
    *prince of persia 3 :the two throwns
    *metal gear solid
    *metal gear solid 2 :substance
    *The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay(you need the patch for it to support the gamepads)
    *Star Wars Battlefront 1&2
    *Lego star wars 1&2

survival and horror
    *FEAR
    *resident evil 4(coming soon)
    *silent hill 2
    *silent hill 3
    *silent hill 4 :the room

sports and sims:
    *cars
    *Most EA sports games
    *blazing angels :squadrons of ww2
    *pacific fighters
    *heroes of the pacific

platformers :
    *psychonauts
    *Ice age : the meltdown
    *over the hedge

Rpg:
    *Xmen legends
    *xmen legends rise of apocalypse

<EDIT> I want everyone to know that this started on afterdawn.com.I have seen a few game sites that have copied and pasted my guide to their site.That's fine but at least include my username.There is no guide on the entire net unless it spawned from here.I looked for 2 years before finally creating my own.I have hand tested over one hundred games and other users have also contributed.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
    Aiden Farhan likes this.
  2. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Any input is cool.Just don't bring trash here.

Have I made a mistake?
    Would you like to add a game?
    Comments?
    suggestions?

3. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

i think this is very handy! causewhen i buy..or "acquire" a game it will make it easier...to see if it will pick up my game pad :p

4. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

is hitman 2 silent assassin compatable?

5. AE27

AE27 Regular member

Prince of Persia 2 Thrones
    Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance

Yes these are PC games

6. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

None of the hitman's support gamepads including the new and wildly popular hitman :bloodmoney.I wish hit man did because it would make it a hell of alot easier.Graw too.

Yes prince of persia I knew that and don't know how I missed it.I had that feeling like I had forgot something or left something back at the house you know? I still have it.The two throwns is actually part 3 but they both have pad support so it doesn't matter.Thank you all for your help with this guide.Keep it coming.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  7. pepsimaxx

pepsimaxx Regular member

hmm cool thanks tycobb. but well.. you know that all emulators support gamepads :p makes it the hell of a lot easier for N64 games....geesh.

8. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Yes. I do want to make it clear that the emulators pepsimaxx is reffering to are not the emulated software I was refering to.So as to not confuse people.

Most console emulators have gamepad support because the games they are emulating were played on consoles.These on my list however are pc games.The emulator software I was refering to is the software that came with the gamepad and as most of you already know it sucks.You will die.

When compairing the software that came with the gamepad with this native gamepad support via directx on my list.The native support wins hands down.The emulator software try's to emulate the keyboard and mouse but fail because a mouse does not work like a analog joystick.The result is you getting creamed in first player and especially online.

9. AE27

AE27 Regular member

Even though its not out yet, Resident Evil 4 for the PC

10. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

yeah I have the other ports from capcom

devil may cry 3 and onimusha 3,I figured re4 would have it but wasn't sure.Added.

11. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

shhhhhhhtickied :)

12. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

Big thanks to nephilim for the sticky.I have a feeling this will help many and give my pm's a rest as well.

13. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

cronicles of riddick escape from butcher bay supports a gamepad if you patch it

14. s3a

s3a Guest

What is this talk about patches? Is it possible to make a game with no gamepad support a gamepad (360 controller for pc)?? By the way, right now, on the 360 remotes for the 360, it doesnt say this but in the past it said "download something to make it work on pc" and it costs 50$ where I live (the remote/not wireless) and the one for PC which costs 60$ works on PC and 360 just like the other one? Are they the same exact thing except that the PC version just has 100 pounds of manuals that I will never read?

15. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

You only need a patch for that game chronicles of riddick.I think it's great they put out a patch ,it shows the company is supporting us :)

The ones on this list are games without software emulation and I already explained it.It's WAY better.Good luck hitting anything without it.The 360 pc gamepad is a good controller because companies are supporting it.

No the big difference between the 360 one and the 360 pc one is that the developers of xbox360 games program it into the game, pc games on the other hand are meant for keyhoard and mouse.So if your asking can you just plug an 360 pc controller into your pc and it will work just like an xbox360 controller the answer is no, unless it's one of the games on this list.Hence the need for a list.

@mark5hs thank you.That was one I truley didn't know about and it's a really popular game,If anyone needs help finding the patch just ask.Game added.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  16. s3a

s3a Guest

tycobb, no...not just plug the 360 controller in just like that...you have to go to microsoft's page and download a certain driver and then it will work...it even was written on the box of the controller!! (not the PC version) now...well...they took off the writing...

17. DrThunder

DrThunder Member

The original metal gear solid has gamepad support.

18. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

@s3a It doesn't matter if the game developers don't hand write the code into the game itself.Any peice of hardware has a driver it means nothing.Yeah they all say it on the box go ahead and try playing cod2 with your controller without mapping the buttons.Then come back here and tell me what happened.

@DrThunder thank you I will do some research and get right on it.

19. GaMeZrUlE

GaMeZrUlE Guest

doesn't Quake 3 arena support real gamepad support???

20. tycobb

tycobb Regular member

@DrThunder ok your right ***game added***

@GaMeZrUlE No and the quake series will probably never have gamepad support without 3rd party software.Sorry :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.