1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games work ok - then won`t

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Fats1964, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Fats1964

Fats1964 Guest

I have done a few "securom" games which will play, but if installed on Xp, or another computer might not work.
    Do any games backed up on a particular system have to be played back on a similar if not same system.

2. hinlad

hinlad Member

From what I know yes. It has something to do with the drive that burns the game to disk (from what I’ve been told). Have you tried finding a patch run the game (assuming you’re having these problems after the install when the game is starting to load) A couple of pretty good sites are www.astalavista.com and www.cracks.am (they do have a bit of smut on them however so try not to use them in say the middle of your public library).

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

hinlad,
    Ye lucky I just retired as a mod m8. [bold] NO links to cracks, warez! [/bold]

Depends mainly on what version of SecuROM you backed up m8. If it's SecuROM 4.8.x and you backed up correctly then it's all dependent on your "rom's" abilty to read the TwinSector (tages) cd scheme of the SecuROM cd protection. Earlier versions may not cause a problem as I've never really tested this method.

Shoey :)

4. Fats1964

Fats1964 Guest

Sorry - forgot to mention I have removable hard drives, each with different windows etc on.
    So its the same hardware each time.
    Games that might play on 98se wont work on Xp etc.