1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming - heating problem or memory?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mrericb, Oct 25, 2007.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Try measuring your motherboard and CPU temps with speedfan.
    Also, what's your graphics card temp at load?

2. mrericb

mrericb Member

With the table fan on my computer and the side door open, my GPU temp is at 42C idle and around 52C while gaming, according to Rivatuner.

With the case sealed and not using the fan it got a lot higher, up to 99C degrees, which is why I'm using the fan and opening it up.

I installed speedfan, but I'm not sure which of the temperatures is the one to look at. the nvidia core value is at 41, the AMD core value, presumably my CPU, at 22C, both seemingly stable. I'm not sure what Temp1, Temp2 and Temp3 measure though. The first one reads negative 118 degrees C. The second one a steady 25C. The third one fluctuates greatly up and down from 8C up to 60 and slightly above when idle, giving it a flame icon next to it occasionally, just like the CPU temp appeared when using the Everest program.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hmm, your temperature probe's obviously a bit messed. Perhaps try upgrading the cooling on your CPU, just for good practice sake.