1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming PC - help with building from scratch

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Sarca, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Sarca

Sarca Member

I've been looking around, and it seems that this forum is as good as any to be asking for help. sorry in advance if this should have been posted in one of the stickies - i wasn't really sure if this belonged there.

I am looking to spend around $1600 for parts, minus the monitor. price is flexible, more important to get a guideline on what's good and what isnt. am also hoping to get general advice on what i should look for/watch out for when shopping for parts. the PC doesnt necessarily have to be built now, so advice that doesnt pertain to specific parts is welcome too. I would hope that this computer wouldn't be too loud, though i'm willing to sacrifice a little. This computer would mainly be used to play games, so of course i'd be looking for higher quality parts that matter in gaming. Thanks!

2. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

like many have said, just in a few months around the corner there are going to be new products comming out. better stuff, so maybe wait for that to come out.

gamming id get like minimum 3gb ram, seeing that your going to spend 1600 on this pc. and the processor, some prefer amd, some prefer intel, but i believe right now intel has the upper hand on gamming systems. so like the core 2 duo 3.0ghz maybe? quad-core would be overkill and i dont think anybody really needs something that powerful.