1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gangs of New York on 1 disc

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by ericbee, Jul 7, 2003.

1. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i got the 2 disc of GONY, but for some reason i cant read disc1 in my drive,it plays fine in the dvd player but doesn't show up on the PC, disc 2 does though. any ideas?

2. The__One

The__One Member

I had no trouble joining the 2 parts using the guide here

http://ifoedit.wh.fr0zen.com/joinclip.html

However, I did it a little differently. I used DVD2one to compress both parts to 2.2 gbs then I combined them. One thing that they left out of this guide is that after you create new ifo files with ifoedit, you need to open them and specify the languge of the audio and subpicture since it is unspecified

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Who the heck would bother backing up that turd of a movie..

Matt

4. killalot

killalot Active member

Eric if you go to playusa.com or play247.co.uk it doesn"t say the movie is split over two disk"s there ok might be a bit to late but only just read the thread

5. Mack7mle

Mack7mle Guest

try using DVDShrink

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

7. Zerxez

Zerxez Member

This worked for me and is fairly simple. Rip both disks into separate folders. Then take only the Movie VOB files and combine them into a separte folder leave the VOB's from Disk 1 alone rename the VOB's from disk 2, starting by renaming the first one to VTS_01_06 and so on. Use IFO Edit to create new ifo files. Make sure to get vts sectors etc. Then I used DVD2ONE, movie only 4472Mb size. It burned and plays fine.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You will probably find it will work without renaming teh VOB's if you use TMPGEnc DVD Author, but there is no harm done by renaming.

9. BQuicks

BQuicks Guest

Orphius, could you summarize the instuctions in the link above,, since the link is now down? Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

The link is working fine - i just checked it

11. BQuicks

BQuicks Guest

wierd, it only works for me the 2nd time I click it.

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Magic i tell you. Magic!!!

13. BQuicks

BQuicks Guest

lol...I'm dead serious, though. I've never see a link do that.

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thats what i mean -its a magic link. U have to really want to access the link for it to work. If you are only looking out of curiosity and not out of desire, it wont let you in.

15. jc399

jc399 Member

16. MisterK

MisterK Guest

For the DVD2One solution: is the compression rate constant or variable?

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Constant

18. davidb

davidb Member

I am having problems combining 2 discs onto 1. I have tried it a couple of ways and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

I ripped both discs to their own directories with Decrypter. I renamed the vob files for disc 2 so they would fall in numerical sequence with the files from disc one and copied them all to a new directory. I then used Vobedit and the files were recreated in yet another directory. The "slack" on the last vob file of disc 1 was taken up with the vobs of disc 2. I then used Ifoedit and video_ts.bup, video_ts.ifo, vts_01_0.bup and vts_01_0.ifo were created. The movie vobs are numbered in the vts_07_1 to vts_07_12 range, so I renamed vts_01_0.bup and vts_01_0.ifo to the _07_ series.

I tried to look at the compilation using WInDVD. When I pressed play, nothing showed and WinDVD indicated "stop". No error message.

I tried TMPGE, using the website guide.When I tried to "add DVD video", no titles appear in the pop up window. I then tried to open the individual disc directories that were created when I decrypted the discs. I got an error message that said "...video_ts.ifo can not be opened".

Can someone advise what step I have left out?

19. Zerxez

Zerxez Member

I used Clad XP in ifo parsing mode to rip. Then renamed the vob files. You got it right but you have to name the files starting with 1 NOT 7 (e.g. VTS_01_x NOT VTS_07_x). Then run IfoEdit and create the .ifo and .bup files. Then I used DVD2ONE using constant ratio compression. Then put the files into a VIDEO_TS folder and burn. I have done this in Nero 5.5 and 6 successfully.

20. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You are both right to a certain extent. however, it can be done in TMPGEnc DVD Author without any changing of names or using IFO Edit. Simply load the files into it for the first DVD. Then do the same for the second DVD. You can create a menu to say Disc 1 Disc 2 on start up.