1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gangs of New York on 1 disc

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by ericbee, Jul 7, 2003.

1. davidb

davidb Member

After renumbering the vob movie files to the vts_01_x format, I ran Ifoedit again to generate the bup and ifo files. My plan was to run it through DVDshrink to get to size for one disk but it would error out 2/3 the way through.

I am running it through TMPGE to see if, by chance, there was a format error of some type. Don't know for certain. At least TMPGE accepted the files after they were renumbered. You were right on the mark about that point, Zerxez.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2003
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Are you using TMPGEnc DVD AUthor and not just TMPGEnc??

3. jc399

jc399 Member

Davidb:

I actually did this and it worked out fine. One thing I did differently is I used vobedit to change the VOB IDs on the second set. (Note this is different than just changing the file name). If you try to combine both sets without doing this you will get duplicate VOB IDs. What problems this may cause are unknown. Once the VOB IDs are changed you may rename the second set to match the first and you can use IFOedit to create a new set of IFO files. I use DVD2One to compress the final result. There is a glitch at the point where the two disks were merged but just ignore it. DVD2One filters it out.

The method pointed out by Oriphus sounds easier though.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I suppose it comes down to using what you are happy with and is proven to work for yourself. :D

5. davidb

davidb Member

Well, I decided to try this again from scratch. After re-ripping each disc into their own directory, I loaded them into TMPGE (yes, the authoring version)In my first attempt, the result had disc 2 in front of disk 1. Can't explain why. So I trashed the result and tried again and it worked. I tried to load the result into DVDShrink, but got an VOB error message. Again, I don't know why. Instead, I used DVD2One to compress it.