1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gateway 3DS, 3DSLink and R4i Gold Deluxe Edition

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by riceisgood, Nov 1, 2013.

1. riceisgood

riceisgood Member

Today, Gateway 3ds official team updated the news and responded to the concerns about 3DSLink and R4i Gold Deluxe Edition.

Quote from gateway official webiste

2.0 release and clones
    01/11/2013

Our work is close to completion, but as our users know, we care very much about quality and we won't release our new firmware before it has been tested in depth and approved by our beta-testing team.

Besides better compatibility for the latest roms, we also have in the meanwhile started working on some new features that will surprise and please you all. There are many more good things to come in the future of Gateway 3DS and its users. The Future is Gateway 3DS !

On a side note, there has been a first clone announced under 2 different brand names.

We want to advise people interested in this product that it is a simple clone based on our 1.0 firmware (with all its limitations), with cheap Chinese design and components. It will inevitably fail and brick over time with or without updates as it is using our software which was not designed for their hardware.

By purchasing this device, you face the certainty of an unsupported and dead product before long. Please keep in mind the short life span of such products before going through a purchase, you might end up thinking you have been scammed.

We provide support and innovative features unprecented by any other team before, and we will continue doing so with firmware updates that everyone can enjoy.

We will be back soon with 2.0 firmware and more exciting news about the future of Gateway 3DS!

2. kunica

kunica Member

Well, IMO, if you dont care about money, then you can buy gateway 3ds, after all,it's the first card to be annouced support 3ds games. otherwise, you can choose r4i gold 3ds deluxe edition or 3dslink, after all,they have similar function with GW3DS,but the price is cheaper.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  3. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

the war between them is beginning and we will just wait and see whether the two clones can released the update for their cards, currently still recommend gateway 3ds card.

4. Polaris813

Polaris813 Regular member

i don't think clone is a bad thing.
    they will compete, then we can get cheaper price and better cards.
    so whatever gateway 3ds or R4i Gold Deluxe Edition, i just need cheap good one :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  5. Phoenix0806

Phoenix0806 Member

Well, I think it would be better to get a 3DSLINK.

6. ludacris5

ludacris5 Newbie

7. Gamer31

Gamer31 Newbie

The gateway 3ds card site is down....Luckily I bought the R4i gold deluxe card. Had a bit more faith in them as the R4 DS gold card has one of the best support team.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  8. Lost_Temple

Lost_Temple Member

That is true, that is why many people choose r4i gold 3ds. And R4i gold 3ds deluxe edition should not let players down.

Within several days, r4i gold 3ds deluxe edition has release Firmware 2.0 and have a very detailed operation steps, that is quite good.

Source: http://www.digimartz.com/r4i-gold-3...ds-games-with-r4i-gold-3ds-starter_p1215.html