1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GBA movie player

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by dukati, Dec 14, 2004.

1. dukati

dukati Guest

Please Help!!! How can I get my GameBoy advance Movie player to play NES ROMS bigger then 200kb.. I want to play my all-time favorite game Tecmo Bowl but its to big. Does anyone know how can get it t work on the game boy with the movie player or how an can shrink the actual ROM?

2. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

ok first off what the hell are you talking about

there is no gameboy movie player there's gameboy advance video and gameboy advance player and if you want to use rom's you might just want to go and purchase a flash cartrage kit for gba they sell at mod chip sites all over the net bad news it will cost you almost 300.00

3. dukati

dukati Guest

no kidding.... I know .. that's why I'm trying to see if anyone knows how to make the GBA movie player FC function work with rom files bigger than 200kb.. thanks for the help

4. dukati

dukati Guest

5. CGN_Hosea

CGN_Hosea Member

I have the GBA Movie Player and like it a lot, I was wondering, since you have obviously used the FC Game feature, how do you get it to work? I don't understand. I put it on my flash card, but it's like it's not there when I boot up my GBA. Can you help me?

6. Sageice

Sageice Member

Hahaha johnodd4 just got owned big time.

dukati: I wish I could help but I have no expirience with it. I just had to laugh at johnodd4 because I hate it when people act like smartasses because they think they know more than you but they don't.... again hahahaha to johnodd4.

7. CGN_Hosea

CGN_Hosea Member

I case you missed it. I have the GBA Movie Player and like it a lot, I was wondering, since you have obviously used the FC Game feature, how do you get it to work? I don't understand. I put it on my flash card, but it's like it's not there when I boot up my GBA. Can you help me?

8. emko

emko Member

You have to put the pocketnes.gba file itself on the compact flash card

9. CGN_Hosea

CGN_Hosea Member

I do put the .gba file on the flash card but I can't access it when I try to pull it up on my sp. can you share a file with me that you know will work? cgn_hosea@hotmail.com

Maybe I have the wrong type, but they do say .gba

10. emko

emko Member

when you install the cd that came with the movie player on your computer, there is a file called "gba media". open that and there is another file called "fc game support file" . open that file and thats where you will see the "pocketnes.gba".< put that file on the compact flash card,and the games will work.

11. CGN_Hosea

CGN_Hosea Member

I put the file in, but it doesn't work. does the size of the CF card matter, I'm using 512mb

12. emko

emko Member

no,i also have a 512 sandisk. what kind of games are you using? .nes is what i use. and they have to be under 200 kb.

13. CGN_Hosea

CGN_Hosea Member

I have .gba files and none of them work. Even the ones under 200k. Thanks for the email and games. I'll check them out shortly and let you know. The zelda one was virus-scanned and was infected, to let you know.

14. emko

emko Member

hope they work.... what kind of virus does the zelda one have??? my antivirus program doesnt detect anything.

15. pdrizzle

pdrizzle Member

I recently purchased the GBA movie player and I'd like to know what speed compact flash is best for playing movies or playing games. Thanks!

16. Flandrel

Flandrel Regular member

All this sounds interesting. But I have another question on this. Isn't there a flash card and plugin or something that will allow you to burn GBA Roms to a flash card to play on the GBA? If so, anyone know where to find one at?

Flandrel