1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GC Laser Tweak -- Need Instructions for access to pot

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by bbking67, Mar 2, 2005.

1. bbking67

bbking67 Member

Okay I am able to run GCOS 1.3 and it works. Using a full-sized Ritek G04 blank, I am able to play backups. I have to remove the case (hey that Bic Pen thing works way better than I would have expected to remove the screws!) and hold back the lid sensor with tape.

BUT, when I used mini DVD-R's, it doesn't work for me. The only disks I could get happened to be Optodisc brand. I have read that some have been successful with these after tweaking the laser.

How difficult is it to remove the laser module in order to adjust this pot? I'm considering doing it, but the photos I have seen show the underside of the board, but not how to get there.

I guess I'm a bit of a nervous nellie here, but it would be nice to get some instruction on accessing the adjustment before trying it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

bbking67

2. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

I just made a laser tweak myself too.

here's instructions:
    1. Remove the case.
    2. screw fan's screws off, remove fan/power input.
    3. remove memory card/controller port, and those metal plates behind memory card holes.
    4. screw all 14 screws around the cube off.
    5. lift that where 14 screws was, and turn it upside down. !watch the laser that it wont be scratched!
    5. remove that big cage off of it.
    6. you'll see that pot near blue wires.

3. bbking67

bbking67 Member

Thanks man! I'll give it a shot!

Some posts seem to indicate that Platinum cubes won't work even with the tweak... I sure hope this isn't the case (I have a Platinum Cube). Supposedly this is one of the things the mythical Cobra 05 release will fix (and presumably some future release of anaconda/gcos which is what I use)

/ck