1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gc on pc

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by 1ink, May 13, 2004.

1. 1ink

1ink Member

Is it possible to play gc games on my pc? with some kind of "read disc backwards" software? i'm not lookin for some smart ass remarks.. just an answer...

thx

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

No, there is no way as of yet to read a Gamecube disc in a PC CD/DVD drive. While it's believed that the discs read outside in which is the opposite of a normal optical disc that may not be the only issue. Note that the Sega Dreamcast discs worked in this fashion and it's been several years with still not solution to making those discs read in a PC.

3. 1ink

1ink Member

i have done some research.. it is untrue that the disc spins the opposite way in the gamecube... however the data on the discs are encoded somehow and it's just a matter of someone makeing a driver for the pc. But i guess i'm just stuck with using roms... the main reason i wanted to run the discs on my pc was because of it's supperior hardware...

Last edited: May 14, 2004