1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gears of war problem

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Faruque, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Faruque

Faruque Member

Dear Friends,

Recently I was trying to play gears of war pc games, but when i run the game then it ask to run the by doubleclick the startup.exe and when i press ok then EPIC logo & microsoft logo shows & then return to desktop.

So do you please help my by providing a good sollution. Also where can i download patch?

PLS PLS HELP ME!!!! I M STUCK.

2. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

not enough info to help, sir. make sure you have 3d drivers installed and maybe the disc in tray if it applies, try running a game update from the manufacturer website.

3. Faruque

Faruque Member

Dear Sir,

I am having P4 3.0Gh, 2 GB of RAM, Shappire HD 1 GB DDR2 Graphic card.
    Now games problem details :
    1st i setup gears of war then try to play - but error mgs rcvd like :- c:/program files/microsoft games/gears of war/ wargame-g4wilve.exe: you can not run the game with modified.

After that i download & install patch.

Then again another msg rcvd like :- please run the game by double click on startup.exe & epic & mirosoft logo shows then go back to desktop.

Then i try another way I change system date to 1/1/2007 then try to run the game - but unfortunately again i rcvd another error mgs like :- c++ runtime error.

So as per above details could you please help me!

PLS PLS PLS HELP ME ! What a pice of crap I purchase.

4. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

probably you are trying to run the game with a nocd/dvd patch. try uninstalling then go ahead and reinstall. this time do not apply no dvd patches, use the play disc

5. Faruque

Faruque Member

Dear Mrslicker,

Could you please reply me in details - As I am an entry lavel gamer or not very well known about such above problems.

Could you please give me a link from where I can download play Disc Patch or Can i get play dics patch in game install disc.

Your kind co-operation will be highly appriciated.

Thanks/Faruque

6. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

sorry faruque, you misunderstand me. the game disc is what you need, install without extra programs not on the disc. unless it is a microsoft patch or something, and try and play then. you do not need a patch to use the disc.

7. Faruque

Faruque Member

Dear Mrslicker,

Please be noted that as per your instruction again I install the game - then I setup microsoft patch to play the game but again showing error massage : please run the game by double click on startup.exe then epic & mirosoft logo shows then go back to desktop.

Also for your kind information that the disc I am using to setup the games - is not original. In our country most softwear, games operating system disc are Pirated copy.

I also try to play the games without crack & patch but they didnt work al all!!!!!

So is Pirated copy creating problems!!!!!

Please help me.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  8. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

that would probably be the problem.

9. Faruque

Faruque Member

Is there any solution left for me to run the game using pirated copy disc!!!!

10. mrslicker

mrslicker Regular member

i agree, i tried it too with the same game and it blocked me when i tried to do my thing. unfortunate, but to be honest i tried it on microsoft 360 and it wasnt very great, it just looked nice. find a better game, i suggest wolfenstein or anything by id. doom 4 should be out soon.

11. Faruque

Faruque Member

Ok - Many Thanks for your very kind support.

But I like 3rd person sotter games like: dead space, dark sector, max payn etc.