1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gears of War weapons

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by apiece, Jan 8, 2007.

1. apiece

apiece Member

i need an opinion. what is better lancer of shotgun?

2. pwhite23

pwhite23 Regular member

well, shotgun is better for close range. And lancer is better for longer/medium range.

There thats my opinion

3. apiece

apiece Member

yes but lancer is good for close range too. it has a chainsaw.
    with the shotgun, the enemy can just roll away and not get touched.
    the shotgun is only good in execution.

4. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

actually, the lancer is only good up close if the enemy doesn't have a fast shooting weapon(sniper, torque, boom) if you try to use the chainsaw if they have a shotgun, lancer, pistol, then your screwed over because you can get knocked back and you will probably die. And plus when you said "with the shotgun, the enemy can just roll away and not get touched. " you can use both weapons in conjunction. Shotgun if they are close up, if you haven't killed them, they will probably roll away. Usually, if the only roll away once then you can still kill them, but if they start running away, then you can switch to your lancer and use medium-range fire on them. If I ever switch one of my guns for a big gun (sniper etc.) then I always choose the lancer to switch.

5. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

I would never give up the lancer, it keeps my mind at piece knowing that if anybody gets to close that they will be chainsawed.

6. apiece

apiece Member

i like to keep the lancer cause most people use the shotgun. so all you have to do is keep your distance. but if somone gets to close and its shotgun vs shotgun, then you dont know who will win.

7. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

i hate chainsaw whores online, all they do is hide in a deep dark corner holding B the whole friggin gmae. no skill whatsoever

8. mariusz03

mariusz03 Guest

apiece have you ever played gears of war????
    the shotgun is one of the best weapons out there, you are not going to tell me that you shoot with the machine gun from up close? If you played this game fr more than 2 hours you will see that the shotgun is the most used weapon in the game because if you know how to shoot it you will kill a guy from 20 meters ofcourse you still have to get up close and the guys that stand behind a wall with the chainsaw are the easiest ones to kill.

9. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

chill dude

10. mariusz03

mariusz03 Guest

just saying.

11. badger38

badger38 Member

Shotgun wins hands down,if u have chainsaw running and get shot its useless, sometimes though shotgun is a bit of a hit or miss, but when its working well its working well!! GOW best game ever.

12. newbmodd

newbmodd Guest

i have to agree with bager even if you dont have bullets you can whack the person and they still lower there chainsaw hit them again there down. lancer is alright but not better with the shotgun especially after the update they did it has more range and power i think.

13. akietho

akietho Member

hey when ur in the campaign, how do u get ur lancer once u lose it. i traded with a shotgun and i cant find the lancer anywhere. so is there more lancers in the game or wus that my only one? i want to chainsaw again *cry* :(

14. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member