1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce 4 ti 4200 driver/card problems, I think... help please...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by deadshane, Dec 28, 2004.

1. deadshane

deadshane Member

Dunno for sure if I am posting in the right forum, but here I go...

I had aGeForce 2 mx 400 video card, but I replaced it with a hand me down GeForce 4 ti 4200. I am running XP home edition.

When I plugged in the new card and updated to the current driver on the nvidia site, I rebooted my computer, but when XP loads, I get a bad picture, just a bunch of colored squares all shaking and chaotic.

So I power off, restart and choose last known good configuration. XP loads, but none of my games will run and in device manager it shows my video card with a ! and it just says VGA controller like it's generic.

I tried to update it, it does the same thing. I even tried updating with an older driver, no luck. I keep getting a bad picture.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

put original card back in you hadn't removed driver than go into safemode to add/remove programs to uninstall video driver. shut system down completely remove old card & install new card than powerup system & load driver

3. deadshane

deadshane Member

didn't work... I'm gonna try installing the card on another comp.