1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

geforce 7600gt sli compatibility

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 1slacker1, Jun 22, 2007.

1. 1slacker1

1slacker1 Guest

Ok, I have an APEVIA X-Dreamer II case , abit an8 32x motherboard, 3500+ 2.2ghz processor, 2.5gb ram, 550 power supply,windows XP Pro.My graphics card is biostar GeForce 7600gt.I can get a second card for sli real cheap from a friend.My question is can I run my 7600gt with a 7600gs in sli mode.I can also purchase an AMD 4200 + (2.2ghz)Dual Core at a good price.I was wondering if this would be much better than just upgrading my single processor.I do alot of gaming, copying,cd/dvd burning,multitasking, ect...Thanks!

2. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

I don't think that a 7800gt and gs will work in sli, since you have to have the exact same card for sli. I would go with the duel core, instead of upgrading your single core, if you do multitasking and gaming.

3. 1slacker1

1slacker1 Guest

well, I heard both have to be same family.. and they are both 7600, other than the gt and gs.I dont know if it makes a difference?I guess I just need someone to tell me if it does have to be the same family.or exact same card, manf,ect...as there are so many different 7600gt cards and manf.

4. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

no you need boths gpu's to be the same, both gt or both gs. same family yes but no the same.

edit
    they dont need to both be the saem manufactor but they do both need to be the same, gt or gs.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Indeed, the cards have to be almost identical (same model and same driver revision) for SLi to work.