1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General converting/burning problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by JuliaW, May 19, 2007.

1. sazucker

sazucker Member

attar, please let me clarify - the entire process to convert & burn is taking 2 hours for a 2 hour movie - with the majority of time being on the conversion (the burn itself only takes about 10 minutes). Given that I'm using ConvertX to do the convert + burn, is the Nero forum still the appropriate place to post a log(i.e. do they discuss apps other than Nero there) or is there somewhere else I should look? Any suggestions are very much appreciated!!

...and since I'm here, perhaps I can help Techbud. Once you've converted your AVI to a DVD, there are several software apps you can use to "burn" it to a DVD disc. There's NeroBurningROM or another alternative recommended to me earlier in this thread by attar is IMGburn(...I'll copy the info from the earlier reference below). Both work well once something has been converted to DVD, and though Nero has a "prettier interface", IMGBurn is free (if you like it however I'd recommend donating a few $$ to the guy who developed it since he seems to update it pretty regularly).

Anyway, hope this is helpful. Folks in this forum have been pretty great in helping me with the conversion issues I've run into so hopefully I've paid it forward. Best, Stefanie

Here's the info on IMGburn:

http://www.imgburn.com/

Run ImgBurn
    Mode > 'Build'
    Output > 'Device'
    File > 'Browse for Folder', highlight on the 'VIDEO_TS' folder, > 'OK'
    Click the green write button.