1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General VCD Help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ninty9, Apr 4, 2003.

1. ninty9

ninty9 Member

I have never made a vcd before but I have been trying all day to get this movie to work.

I have a movie in avi format. It is over 700 mb so I used some program (i can't remember which) to cut the ending credits out to get it under 700mb. Now its at 655 or so. Now you can supposedly burn to vcd with nero 5.5 without converting it to mpeg. I tried that and I get to the end of the encoding process and it says "disk full". So theres one problem.

After i did that for a while I decided to convert the avi to mpeg using TMPGEnc, which I did. It was: 640 x 336, 136228 Frames, 29.970 Frames/Sec in avi format now after converting its: 352 x 240, 29.970 Frames/Sec NTSC MPEG-1. So thats no problem. I loaded that up into nero, I ahev NTSC checked off and i'm in VCD format for burning, it'll burn in about 10 mins at 8X on my HP9100 using win 98 after checking the file. everything will go fine but i'll try to run it on my dvd and it'll recgonize it as a VCD and it will try to play it but it gives kinda squeaky jerky sound and no picture. Sometimes it goes black and pixalates and it skips all over the place.

So i'm outta ideas. I've read pretty much every VCD guide out there and I can't understand why its doing this. Anyonne have any ideas or experience with this? Could it be my DVD player? I ahev 2 of them and it won't play on one for sure but the other one it should. It says it will run vcd's.

Thanks.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Try this method, converting AVI2MPEG1= VCD.
    How to convert a DivX / AVI / ASF / MPEG1 to VCD :http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=8daea23f4978baf1b5879eb44fcf6c48&threadid=59488

Guide provided by ChickenMan, courtesy CD-Freaks.

Shoey

3. ninty9

ninty9 Member

Thanks for the link, I'll try it out.