1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

generic volume error after meging partitions

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by hehh, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hehh

hehh Member

Hello. I had a laptop with 3 partitions: C, D and F, the last one used to be the recovery and system data from the vendor but I formated and it had 3Gb. I decided to merge F with C and I installed Partition Manager from Paragon and told it to do the job. When it finished I restarted but then windows didn't work and told me hal.dll was missing or corrupt, o I went to recovery console and fix the problem, however before that in the recovery console I ran a command named FIXBOOT because I didn't know if it would work. OK, it didn't so I fix the bootcfg and started but now when Windows starts the systems says that it foud new hardware (Generic Volume) but that the software to be used to install it hasn't pass the windows xp proof and if I want it to install it anyway so I decided no and then it stops, I don't know what to do with that, what generic software? Is it because the fixboot I did or because the partition's merging? Could anybody help me?

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.